Hi there , i own a 9700 , it has been amazing to me, but i would like to try something different but i am still iffy about making the leap or not? I went from pearl - curve - 8900- 9000- 9700 as you can see i like having the upgrading models with RIM. But this time i am not sure.. I heard the storm 2 is awesome . so i was just curious to know which is a tad bit better with processors and such. I don't care about touch screen or browsing or texting, i am good with all of that i just want to know which is better overall and which looks more for a girl? hehe Preferably want answers to people who have tried/own both. I have the option to swap my 9700 for the storm 2 , should i do it or just keep my 9700? Thanks so much!
    01-02-10 02:30 PM
    i had the storm 2 for 3 weeks...went thru 3 of them with bad screens..became hard to impossible to type on. I loved the form factor, weight and landscape typing. Battery life is beyond horrible so beware...my 9700 is perfect. I gave up until they come out with a better model for battery life and screen quality.

I really did like it but cant handle the poor screen quality and crap batt life.
    01-02-10 02:34 PM
    the bold processor is faster then the storm 2 processor and also the bold has way better battery life then the storm 2 I wouldn't suggest making the trade
    01-02-10 02:41 PM
    I would suggest being an adult about it and making your own decision on what is best for you. Touch or no touch? Other than that, it won't be any more different other than having a different network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 02:44 PM
    I would suggest being an adult about it and making your own decision on what is best for you. Touch or no touch? Other than that, it won't be any more different other than having a different network.

This.

But personally, I'd stick with bold 2 than storm 2.
    01-02-10 02:47 PM
    Hi there , i own a 9700 , it has been amazing to me, but i would like to try something different but i am still iffy about making the leap or not? I went from pearl - curve - 8900- 9000- 9700 as you can see i like having the upgrading models with RIM. But this time i am not sure.. I heard the storm 2 is awesome . so i was just curious to know which is a tad bit better with processors and such. I don't care about touch screen or browsing or texting, i am good with all of that i just want to know which is better overall and which looks more for a girl? hehe Preferably want answers to people who have tried/own both. I have the option to swap my 9700 for the storm 2 , should i do it or just keep my 9700? Thanks so much!
    you have Rogers, how can u use the storm 2 on rogers? unless its unlocked...
    01-02-10 02:50 PM
    you have Rogers, how can u use the storm 2 on rogers? unless its unlocked...
    Yes it is fully unlocked with verizon. I test my sim card in it and everything and i really like both phones, i just want to hear other peoples opinions about it to help me decide.
    01-02-10 02:54 PM

I have done 5 days of research on both phones, and it's driving me mad, so i'd rather ask people who actually own both to see which they would prefer. I am certainly not going to just buy a phone without looking into depth with it.. so im doing the last thing, asking the people.
    01-02-10 02:59 PM
    I have used both phone and I have to say that the 9700 wins in every aspect
    1. The battery performance of the 9700 is so much better. I have spent about 2 hours of listening to music, 2 hours browsing webs, 1 hour texts, phone calls per day. And it survive for nearly 2 days believe it or not. S2, on the other hand, can hardly live for one day even if you use nothing.
    2. The speed of 9700 is significantly better due to the faster processor. Sometimes, the S2 is not responding but the 9700 hardly skips a beat.
    3. 9700 is smaller so you can put it in the pocket

However, despite all the negative parts, if you want something for watching movies... entertainment mostly, then take a S2 (although I think iPhone is the best in its entertaining field)
    01-02-10 06:15 PM
    most definitely 9700........even though i have no experience with storms.
    01-02-10 10:11 PM
    I would stick with the 9700!
    01-02-10 10:50 PM
    stick with the 9700 ,after all you have the best BB.
    01-03-10 01:48 AM
    Why would u want to change phones so quickly? The 9700 is so new and is the no compromise blackberry. If you want to switch to the storm 2 then I am assuming you want a device that's more media centric(bigger screen, better speakers, etc etc.). The bold 9700 is a messaging powerhouse and I personally stick with it due to the awesome keyboard and the ability to type pc keyboard like speeds.

01-03-10 04:31 AM

HAHAHHA LOVE THIS COMMENT!! ditto!
    01-03-10 05:03 AM
    what did you decide?
    01-03-10 07:04 AM
    I'd stick with the 9700

01-03-10 07:32 AM

agreed..................
    01-03-10 08:00 AM
    Stick with the 9700. If you are heavy into messaging, which I assume you are since you own a blackberry, I would definitely stay with the 9700. Until they come out with a touch screen that is just as responsive as a full QWERTY keyboard, the 9700 is the best BB out there. I'm not a touch screen fan, so I'm a little biased.
    01-03-10 09:56 AM

01-15-10 10:02 PM
    seriously don't swap the bold 2! It beats the storm 2 hands down and as a girl I love the size of the bold 2!I I had the storm and thought that was amazing but the bold rocks far more
    !!

01-15-10 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD