Just a quick update from my powerless basement. Great having a phone with a removable battery (I realize some non-BB/non-iOS devices have removable batteries too) and an extra battery. If only my 9810 had decent battery life (it's horrible but 2x horrible is better than 1x horrible) I'd be laughing, but at least I only have to find a charger once a day now.

It doesn't help that AT&T has been hit very hard by the storm and coverage is abysmal. The phone is constantly searching for a signal and even when it has one it's mostly voice only or SOS. That's killing that battery even more than usual. Can't imaging having a non-removable battery right now - I'd be constantly trying to find a charger (which is hard with no power).
    11-01-12 12:27 PM
    Yep, having extra batteries is EXTREMELY valuable. My current device is the first in a LONG time that doesn't have one... I do have a power packs though.

Still, I admit to liking having removable batteries.
    11-01-12 12:30 PM
    Yeah, just purchased an extra battery and charger for my 9810 just in case this winter proves to be a harsh one in the northeast. The last couple have been mild so we are due. Btw, my 9810 gets excellent battery life.
    11-01-12 12:44 PM
    I keep a fully charged battery always in my car but I haven't used it since I bought a iGrip car cradle for my 9900.

Peace of mind is priceless.
    11-01-12 12:55 PM
    Hmmm..... I was on Skype with a lady friend of mine earlier who lives in NJ. She has an iPhone and something called a Morphie and a Duracell iPhone charger. Seems that worked out fine for her after her power went out.
    11-01-12 01:08 PM
    Hmmm..... I was on Skype with a lady friend of mine earlier who lives in NJ. She has an iPhone and something called a Morphie and a Duracell iPhone charger. Seems that worked out fine for her after her power went out.
    And how much does that cost compared to a spare battery?
    11-01-12 01:11 PM
    Yup, morphie's and duracell packs work with BBs too. Problem is they often make the phone bulky and less convenient. Good solutions though, and anything that works is a help. It's great thought that most BB batteries can be purchased on amazon for less than $10 shipping included. Pop it in and ready to go.
    11-01-12 01:16 PM
    I have 2 batteries for my galaxy note. That right there is on average 3 1/2 days of battery life for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    11-01-12 01:19 PM
    And how much does that cost compared to a spare battery?
    Way more, but as you said earlier, peace of mind is, well, priceless.

She has the phone she wants and the solution she can afford. You pay extra for peace of mind, and so does she.
    11-01-12 01:20 PM
    Yup, morphie's and duracell packs work with BBs too. Problem is they often make the phone bulky and less convenient. Good solutions though, and anything that works is a help. It's great thought that most BB batteries can be purchased on amazon for less than $10 shipping included. Pop it in and ready to go.
    As long as it's not one of the cheap, fake ones. I was very careful when ordering mine to make sure it was an original battery that would work as it should. Don't want to find you've been ripped off in the middle of a disaster.
    Hope you are good in there. In a house in NJ all good here

Hope power is restored soon.

Anyway, yes that's why I love removable batteries. Survives the regular day and emergencies like this.

God bless.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    bungaboy likes this.
    The problem with battery packs is you have to charge a battery to charge a battery.

Spare battery you charge and use.
    11-01-12 01:23 PM
    A battery pack can charge a battery many times over though. I have both a spare battery (quick change) and a 4000ma battery pack. That should get my 9810 through about 1 week.
    11-01-12 01:27 PM
    A battery pack can charge a battery many times over though. I have both a spare battery (quick change) and a 4000ma battery pack. That should get my 9810 through about 1 week.
    That's true, I wasn't thinking so long term, I hope you don't need it for a week lol
    11-01-12 01:39 PM
    That's true, I wasn't thinking so long term, I hope you don't need it for a week lol
    Yeah I'll have a workable phone but probably starve to death. LOL.
    11-01-12 02:00 PM
    We may be without electricity for a week (Westchester NY). With gasoline shortages people may not be able to charge in their cars (or portable generators) either soon. It's not very unrealistic to need it for a week.
    diffused likes this.
    11-01-12 02:09 PM
    Never underestimate the value of kind neighbors

11-01-12 03:30 PM
    I saw that also and thought it was pretty cool. Neighbors helping neighbors.
    11-01-12 03:33 PM
    Saw that in today's news.

As far as a user replaceable battery, it's my pet peeve with Apple. If they would do that, my iPhone would be damned near perfect.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-01-12 04:33 PM
    I have a New Trent that can charge my phone 3 times. It's not to big to carry and it's basically a portable battry station. I got it over a year ago. It became so popular that the price shot up. You plug a USB cord into it to charge almost any device. So far it has been able to charge every phone I have. It can charge tablets, though not 3 times on a single charge. Because it can charge any phone, and some tablets, I prefer it over carrying a spare battery for one phone.
    11-01-12 04:59 PM

That is cool. I might be heading to New York to help with the cleanup, etc.. through work soon.
    pantlesspenguin and bungaboy like this.
    11-01-12 05:01 PM

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...ick/charge.jpg
    Had to share it...
    11-01-12 05:08 PM
    I love the battery life of my BBs. We still don't have power @ home, but my batteries get charged @ work and last me @ home.

I had extra batteries for my older phones, I need to get extra for my newer ones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-01-12 07:57 PM
    There is no good reason why in todays mobile market that a phone shouldn't have a removable battery. The only reason it's done is to control the life cycle of a device by making it unreasonably priced to change by the average consumer. I hope everyone there is doing well.
    11-02-12 12:18 AM
    Are u listening Apple? YOUR IPHONES ARE RUBBISH DURING A BLACKOUT!!!
    11-02-12 02:21 PM
35 12