I've been using my 9700 for two weeks and am suprised by the low data usage, as tallied by my carrier. There are three 2 or 3 MB entries, but many days acivity is listed as zero. These days are generally, but not exclusively, email only. Total usage is 8.5 MB.
    12-24-10 11:16 PM
    Yeah Blackberry doesnt use much data unless you are streaming video and music. Or browsing quite a bit. One of the many reasons I rather use a Blackberry than android or iOS
    12-24-10 11:18 PM
    Most data I can remember using in a month was about 135mb. Super data efficient platform... Allows you to take advantage of some of the lower priced data plans without having to change you're usage habits.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 11:51 PM
    I average around 400mb/month just using BlackBerry data, 1gb/month if I've tethered.

12-24-10 11:54 PM
    I average about 300mb/month with steaming video. Months when I just use it for email I avergae about 30mb/month
    12-25-10 12:00 AM
    Gotta remeber that bb uses compression!!

12-25-10 02:48 AM
    Yep, compression is kick arse for low data usuage.

I use my phone a lot more than my wife due to our work...I sit on arse all day, while she is moving all around, all day...guess who uses more data?

Mytouch3G she has and she beats me every month...and she knows I am constantly on it...is actually a running joke with her...she always gives me ish about how much I am on my phone...till I show her the bill, with data usuage...shuts her right up, but I refuse to tell her about the compression, haha!

12-25-10 05:55 AM
    My plan has a soft-cap of 5 GB/mo. At less than 20 MB/mo. of usage, I'm able to increase my usage as needed without sacrificing peace-of-mind.
    12-25-10 09:20 AM
    I guess I am a CrackBerry addict. I have 6 days left for the month and have used 890mb of my 1gb. No streaming what-so-ever.
    12-25-10 10:41 AM
    I guess I am a CrackBerry addict. I have 6 days left for the month and have used 890mb of my 1gb. No streaming what-so-ever.
    I'd say you either tether or a problem. Not very many people who don't stream or download things (like songs and videos) don't get that high very often.
    12-25-10 10:45 AM
    Yep, compression is kick arse for low data usuage.
    Compression is also kick arse for carriers since it equals less load on their networks.
    12-25-10 01:00 PM
    Do you send lots of photos or receive lots of emails with attachments?

12-25-10 01:39 PM
    I average about 200mb monthly....

12-25-10 02:02 PM
    Compression is fine for email or basic web but does nothing for streaming. I stream music almost daily and hit nearly 2gb every month. I never tether.

12-25-10 02:11 PM
    I'm on the average of 50,-100,mb per month. My son on the other hand who has only has his Bold for 9 days has managed to use 325,xxxmb!

12-25-10 02:15 PM
    I never used less than 500mb/mo when I had my BB. Granted that was with some streaming video, music and such. I use a ton more data on my Android because it will load full webpages (not mobile ones) in the same time my Tour would load mobile pages, so I never use mobile websites when I can avoid it.

Compression helps reduce usage without a doubr, but there are definitely other reasons for other devices using so much more data also...
    12-25-10 04:30 PM
    I average around 4 Gig a month on mine. I stream a lot at work, and tether a bit as well. Yeehaw, I'd hate to see my usage on iPhone or Droid...
    12-25-10 09:55 PM
    Big plus to blackberry usage. Low data use. Iod and ndroid suck data like its water! So with my plan 500Mb with Rogers I van tether by using the desktop software. Didn't ncur extra charges. Which I thought would happen. Sweet!

12-25-10 10:51 PM
    Big plus to blackberry usage. Low data use. Iod and ndroid suck data like its water! So with my plan 500Mb with Rogers I van tether by using the desktop software. Didn't ncur extra charges. Which I thought would happen. Sweet!

You're just saving all that data by omitting letters from your posts, not due to compression or anything... haha JK
    12-25-10 10:56 PM
    yeah, I know right! When I first got my bb I got the 2gb Data plan thinking I would use it up fast and I was halfway through the month and I've only use 25mb haha so I switched to a lower Data plan and it ended up saving me money :3
    12-26-10 12:50 AM
    I have a 500mb/month data plan. Don't come close to using that.
    Any occasion I have to stream music/video is always in an area where I have access to wifi.
    12-26-10 01:58 AM
    I use about 150MB a month including around 10-20 webpages daily, tethering for a meeting for about half an hour a week, and tons of apps that use data, and I don't think much before downloading an app over 3G vs. WiFi! My friend with the iPhone 4 uses about the same amount as me, but pretty much only uses it for FaceBook and the occasional app...
    12-26-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD