I'm not a professional. Just a housewife. Wanted to get a BB Tour. Thought it would be fun - Checking emails, surfing the web, etc. I'm a loyal Verizon customer. Many people are telling me that the BB Tour is overkill and not even that good at web browsing. Any thoughts? Should I look at a different phone? Thanks!
    06-30-09 02:51 PM
    I've heard that the Bold is the fastest, but I've never used one, so I don't know. I have the Storm and I love it. Biggest screen of them all, and internet surfing is faster than any other phone I've ever had. Email, texting and everything else is great as well. The best thing to do, instead of listening to people who already know what they like (and think everything else is the wrong decision), is to go to a Verizon store and play with a few phones. Get what you like. Any BlackBerry will do what you are looking for, better than any other type of phone!
    06-30-09 02:58 PM
    From what I know from looking at various smartphones myself and from the reading I have been doing on this forum for the past 4 hours (joined today lol), Blackberry's are not the best smartphone for browsing. Now if you are also going to use it frequently to communicate it would probably be a better choice, but I think if you gave us a more detailed description of what you would use your mobile for, it would help me and the actual experts on this forum
    06-30-09 03:11 PM
    Web surfing is not Blackberry strongest feature.

Like nature, software developers hate a vacume. If a niche emerges, somebody will fill it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 03:21 PM
    Okay, thanks. First and foremost, I would be using it as a phone. Thinking about getting rid of my land line. Lots of texting-daughter's in college. Surfing the web while out and about, shopping comparisons, that sort of thing. Nothing business related nor will I be traveling outside the country. Thanks again!
    06-30-09 03:24 PM
    If you plan on doing quite a bit of texting, I'd suggest what others have said. It won't hurt to try typing on a touch screen device, and one with hard keys with a qwerty keyboard at your local mobile store. See which one feels best to you. The Blackberry does a descent job with web browsing. Currently there are 3 browsers you can use. They all yield different results based on the sites you visit. You have the default Blackberry browser, Opera Mini browser, and Bolt browser. Opera Mini and Bolt are free 3rd party browsers which you will have to download to your phone. The one thing they all lack, is no support for Flash sites. A new browser is in the works, called Skyfire. It's supposed to give Blackberry phones the ability to view websites with Flash content.
    06-30-09 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD