I've asked about this on Windows Central, and haven't had a clear answer. Those with an SP3, do you have any trouble with USB connections to Link and Sachesi? I can't backup / restore via link, and I can't install large apps/folders via Sachesi.

I connect, transfer for a couple minutes or less and then the connection drops and I get a failure message. I only have this problem with my SP3. No issues with any of my Windows 7 ThinkPads. I haven't been able to test any other Win8 machines.

Think I have a bad USB port on the SP3? Does anyone else have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:28 PM
    Yes!!! I have the same issue with Sachesi. I couldn't install the latest Blitz using my SP3 on Windows 8.1. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Sachesi RC, BlackBerry Desktop software, tried just installing the BlackBerry drivers, disabled anti-virus. No luck! I gave up. Fortunately I have another desktop machine running Windows 10 preview with only Sachesi 2.0 Beta and it worked. Not sure if the Beta would work on SP3 but I feel the issue is not Sachesi but the SP3 itself. I too would love if someone figured out the root cause of the issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:41 PM
    Yes!!! I have the same issue with Sachesi. I couldn't install the latest Blitz using my SP3 on Windows 8.1. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Sachesi RC, BlackBerry Desktop software, tried just installing the BlackBerry drivers, disabled anti-virus. No luck! I gave up. Fortunately I have another desktop machine running Windows 10 preview with only Sachesi 2.0 Beta and it worked. Not sure if the Beta would work on SP3 but I feel the issue is not Sachesi but the SP3 itself. I too would love if someone figured out the root cause of the issue.

Posted via CB10
    Can you backup/restore? I can't do that either. Ridiculous to have to keep another PC just for this.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:52 PM
    I have an SP1 and haven't had any issues with it. I wonder what the difference is between the two. The only usb port is 3.0 and it's running Windows 8.1.
    01-29-15 08:04 PM
    Can you backup/restore? I can't do that either. Ridiculous to have to keep another PC just for this.

Posted via CB10
    I never tried so I cannot say. Btw, I have the SP3 dock and it didn't matter what USB port I used. I didn't get any error message on sachesi... it just looks like it's stuck trying to install a file. When I look at the phone, I see the install window has disappeared so I know the connection was interrupted. I have to restart Sachesi AND unplug/plug the the phone to the usb in order to connect again. Then the same thing happens again when trying to install.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 10:35 PM
    that's what I see as well. If I keep windows explorer open, I see my mapped BB drives drop off (usually just the flash drive) and then Sachesi or backup/restore stops. I then have to unplug/replug in the USB or switch my USB setting on the phone to mass storage and back to get reconnected.

Bottom line, I can't use sachesi or link. Sounds like you're experiencing the same.
    01-30-15 07:48 AM
    I am unable to get Sachsei to work on my SP 3 Pro. I believe part of the problem is an ongoing issue with the SP's USB port. The only way that I can consistently and reliably use the USB port is with a USB hub. In doing so, I can use Link to backup and restore my devices. No luck with Sachsei even when using the USB hub.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    01-30-15 08:30 AM
    Nice to know that it seems like the Surface Pro 3 has issues with Blackberry Link, I thought it was just me! I also have a secondary laptop running Windows Pro 8.1 and have no issues backing up and restoring. I don't use Sachesi so can't comment on that.

Don't seem to lose the USB link with the Classic attached as I can copy and paste okay.

Very frustrating to say the least, hope that the new version of Windows fixes things.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 10:00 AM
    I need to do a controlled variable experiment with a hub. I haven't had much luck with the hub I've tried, but I can't remember if I was trying to use Sachesi or to back up.

So, strangely, I can backup/restore using my work PC, but can't download from cloud sites or use Sachesi (blocked by IT policy), and I can download from the cloud and run Sachesi on my SP3 but can't use Sachesi or backup/restore.

I can do everything on my 6 lb 7-year old ThinkPad R61 though.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 02:03 PM
    Can confirm problem with sachesi / blend via USB. Task manager shows an Ethernet connection, and after a view minutes it vanishes without error. Used USB on Surface Pro 3, on docking station (USB 3 and USB 2) and used an hub. Did not help... any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 06:40 AM
    Any idea guys, am having the same problems ,kinda sucks.
    02-12-15 11:37 PM
    Nothing new here

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 05:48 AM
    I had no problems synching my Z30 or my Passport with my Surface Pro 3 until yesterday. I read in another CB post and on the Windows site to uninstall all BlackBerry software and drivers from the Surface. Restart the Surface and then connect the phone via USB which will allow you to reinstall Link, Blend and all drivers. Go into settings on the phone - storage and access - and change the USB Connection to Windows. I tried these steps and was able to get my Passport to backup and restore my settings to my replacement device. I have not tried to use Sachsei.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    02-17-15 03:15 PM
    Sometimes you have to set your blackberry to sync to windows. Mine was set to mac by default....i dealt with the same issue on my surface pro 3

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 11:39 PM
    But this option has gone in 10.3.1. That's the point

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 12:49 AM
    I'm having similar issues with a lenovo Yoga 2 and Windows 8.1 suspect the culprit is Microsoft
    02-24-15 01:48 PM
    Now that I've started using Blend on a couple Win 7 machines, I also now realize that Blend connectivity to my SP3 is horrible. Continual drops of the connection that eventually stop reconnecting without a reboot.

I used to blame Blend, but now that I've seen how it runs on Win 7, I blame the SP3/Win8.1 completely.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:28 PM
    Same here. I was using my surface pro 3 to install the latest leak on my Passport this morning and it kept dropping. Ended up using my iMac to complete it with no problems. Not sure what the issue is with the Surface

Passport on AT&T
    02-28-15 08:03 PM
    Curious... has anyone tried the Windows 10 preview to see if this issue is handled better?
    04-09-15 08:08 AM
    Curious... has anyone tried the Windows 10 preview to see if this issue is handled better?
    Same issue with latest windows 10 build. Does anybody has a success story with this problem already?
    07-05-15 11:33 AM
    Buggy, inconsistent Microsoft software strikes again....
    :-)

The productivity loss globally on a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly basis probably goes into to the gazillions, what a waste of time and effort. At least IT people's jobs are kinda safe and secure(d). :-D

Or could it be weak USB ports on the Surface?
    (power output, connection)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    07-05-15 12:32 PM
    Sure it doesn't have to do with USB OTG?
    07-05-15 01:05 PM
    Sure it doesn't have to do with USB OTG?
    What's your theory?

USB OTG on the SP or the BB? Can't be on the BB because the same issue affects my Z10 and it doesn't have USB OTG.
    07-06-15 12:37 PM
    What's your theory?

USB OTG on the SP or the BB? Can't be on the BB because the same issue affects my Z10 and it doesn't have USB OTG.
    No theory, just a thought/guess.
    07-08-15 05:49 PM
    No theory, just a thought/guess.
    gotcha
    07-08-15 07:30 PM
34 12