Hi all,

Whenever I try to type the number 20, the SureType wants to automatically make it 2009...also-as I fill many of my forms out on the berry-I often need to type in 09, which the SureType wants to turn into "090109inauguration" neither of these is in my auto text, so I'm not exactly sure how to make it stop. Typing what I want in succession also hasn't made it stop.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    02-23-09 06:53 AM
    If the first 2 characters of what you are typing are correct but suretype is adding on additional stuff, just hit space after you type what you want and the rest will be truncated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 09:34 AM
    that doesn't work. it's been going on since I got the phone and I finally got tired of it this morning. I have to let it add the whole thing and then delete/backspace to get what I want.
    02-23-09 01:22 PM
    Since this is a second hand Pearl, you could just delete the Custom Dictionary so you can start over. The Custom Dictionary will rebuild as you enter more and more words as you type.

Go to Options > Custom Dictionary > Menu > Clear Custom Dictionary.

Or you can scroll through the Custom Dictionary and delete out things individually that are causing you problems in Sure Type.
    Last edited by xliderider; 02-23-09 at 01:38 PM.
    02-23-09 01:34 PM
    To be honest I gave up on Sure Type when I was using the Pearl and used Multitap for text entry.
    02-23-09 01:35 PM
    I don't get along with SureType on any day.
    02-23-09 02:04 PM
    I was really happy with my Curve keyboard, but I forced myself to learn to love SureType.

Building a custom dictionary is a big help, once you have the frequently used nouns in place, it is a joy to use, most of the time...
    02-23-09 02:18 PM
    Since this is a second hand Pearl, you could just delete the Custom Dictionary so you can start over. The Custom Dictionary will rebuild as you enter more and more words as you type.

Go to Options > Custom Dictionary > Menu > Clear Custom Dictionary.

Or you can scroll through the Custom Dictionary and delete out things individually that are causing you problems in Sure Type.
    I'm the only person to ever use this phone. I'll try this anyway.

To be honest I gave up on Sure Type when I was using the Pearl and used Multitap for text entry.
    I lasted for 5 minutes with multitap.

I don't get along with SureType on any day.
    LOL!!!
    02-23-09 02:24 PM
    double post
    Last edited by TeritaM; 02-23-09 at 02:34 PM. Reason: double post
    02-23-09 02:30 PM
    Ahh, sorry about the second hand Pearl thing.

Sounds like you need to do a battery pull... you haven't mentioned doing that. that should reset your phone and take care of your problems.
    02-23-09 02:34 PM
    no worries. I didn't mention the battery pull because I did it so many times
    I tried your method and the same thing keeps happening. looks like my only options right now are to add the terms to my custom dictionary or auto text. the odd text still shows up in my list though. I'm leaning toward a wipe/restore to see if that doesn't solve the problem.

clearly I'm being super retentive today. thanks for all the help.
    02-23-09 02:58 PM
    I had this problem as well while typing 15, it would give me the address to a youtube video, but pressing space after entering 15 worked for me...
    02-23-09 11:24 PM
    have you tried hitting the back button after you type in your numbers?
    02-23-09 11:59 PM
    I ended up wiping the phone and adding back only my address book, messages, and calendar items.

working like a charm now. I wonder what makes it go all nutty like that. thanks for all the help!
    02-24-09 07:53 AM
    I never use it because it's a pain for me. If you use a lot of trade lingo, abbreviations, and acronyms, it wastes your time and is annoying.
    02-24-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD