So I received my new USB Bluetooth 2.0 dongle that I had ordered for $3.99, including shipping in the mailbox today. I was a bit skeptical, but it works well for Desktop Manager and transferring files between pc/laptop. No nightmare set-up here, just plugged it into a usb port, and Windows XP did it's thing.

I have come to terms with the fact that I can't access the SD Card as a drive over bluetooth.

What I can't figure out for the life of me is why I have to set the BB 8330 to "receive by bluetooth" each time I want to send a file, or set my pc to "receive by bluetooth", as the devices are paired and set to "trust" each other. Can't I just set the two to receive from each other at will, and dump the files into a temporary folder? I have scoured this forum and others to no avail, is there any way to bypass having to set the "receive" function? Otherwise the bluetooth file transfer functionality is of limited use to me.
    Last edited by Dr_Strangelove; 06-24-09 at 08:31 PM.
    06-24-09 05:51 PM
    I chalk it up to security. I'm looking into extended file transfer methods; you might want to serch for OBEX.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD