Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I was trying to contact BlackBerry support for the priv I was gifted in Dec 2016 for the screen wobble issue when the phone is closed.

BlackBerry is telling me that they cannot help me since the phone is not from them. As for Newegg, they are also not sure what is going on since they think the warranty should be from the manufacturer.

I have supported BlackBerry for many of their phones; and this is really disappointing.
    02-28-17 11:32 AM
    With BlackBerry... (other than the PlayBook) support has always been via the seller.... which in the past has generally been carriers. But most retailer are more about 30 day warranties and then it up to the manufacture. And it gets even trickier when you have some that are not officially sellers, that have picked up surplus inventory and are not part of BlackBerry's warrant system at all.

You'll just have to fight it out and see who gives in... make sure to go back and look at your order and receipt and see what it says about warranty.
    02-28-17 11:52 AM
    Consumer protection laws aren't saying anything?
    Here in OZ the seller will hang for it... ;-)

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    03-02-17 12:03 AM
    Consumer protection laws aren't saying anything?
    Here in OZ the seller will hang for it... ;-)

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    I think the OP lives in the USA. What are these things called Consumer protection laws?

Seriously very little consumer protection in the states for little purchases.
    03-02-17 11:06 AM
    I live in Canada. I heard back from Newegg who referred me to a third party refurbisher.

I have contacted the refurbisher, so let's see how it turns out.

This is really disappointing to see that BlackBerry discriminates against phones bought from third party sellers like this. I cannot think of any other companies doing their warranties this way. I have done warranty exchanges with Samsung, apple, and Shure. They were all handled very quickly and smoothly.
    03-04-17 03:23 PM
    OP, if you used a credit card, many main brand ones have a clause for their own coverage on electronics for the first year or so. If you can't sort it out with NewEgg, give them a phone call

EDIT; can't read...if it's a gift, the giver could try and contact their credit card company, if they used one.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by lasoiveille; 03-04-17 at 05:00 PM.
    03-04-17 03:55 PM
    Yeah ... Support was good while I had it ... tried connecting with them few months back and basically said not our problem anymore
    03-04-17 04:16 PM
    Are you sure this was a new device? Certainly if it was refurb or grey market then I could see this, but if it was new and newegg is an authorized reseller then I would definitely pursue, at least with the credit card company used to purchase it.

I've never bought anything from newegg Canada, but you've made me reconsider their extended warranty if I do. Of course I shouldn't reward them if they are selling items with no warranty...might as well purchase from factorydirect if that's the case.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 06:50 AM
    Are you sure this was a new device? Certainly if it was refurb or grey market then I could see this, but if it was new and newegg is an authorized reseller then I would definitely pursue, at least with the credit card company used to purchase it.

I've never bought anything from newegg Canada, but you've made me reconsider their extended warranty if I do. Of course I shouldn't reward them if they are selling items with no warranty...might as well purchase from factorydirect if that's the case.

Posted via CB10
    Yup it is a new device.

Any phone that is not bought from shopblackberry is dealt this way it seems.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 08:13 AM