Is this progression correct?

A "phone" would be voice calls exclusively.

A "Personal Digital Assistant, PDA" would add the scheduling, calendar and note functions with an enlarged view screen.

A "Smartphone" adds internet, email, text, multimedia and apps.

A "Superphone" takes us where?

(BTW, the sooner we all use, over-use & overexpose the corp-speak term "ecosystem", the sooner it will go away... so pitch in and do your part... Thanks from me )
    09-19-11 04:43 PM
    Lolz good terms and yes we all use them all the time. No idea what a Superphone is...... Maybe if Android, iPhone and Blackberry come together lolz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 05:55 PM
    A Superphone can leap over buildings in a single bound and is faster than a speeding bullet.
    It also wears its undies over its tights.
    09-19-11 11:36 PM
    Superphone = quad-core???
    09-23-11 02:43 PM
    Who Came Up With the Name Superphone? Not Google — Tech News and Analysis

or

Defining the 'Superphone'
    By: Jessica Dolcourt July 12, 2010 4:43 PM PDT

Google may have latched onto the term, but the concept of a "superphone" is simply a description of an even smarter smartphone that combines the most cutting-edge features that mobile phone users and technologists alike want.

At the MobileBeat tech conference in San Francisco on Monday, Samsung's chief strategy officer, Omar Khan, took a stab at listing the components that go into building the next-generation smartphone.

Software specifications
    High-definition video capture and playback (720p minimum)
    High-quality 3D gaming
    Rich social networking apps
    True multitasking without stopping or restarting apps as you go back to them (he means you, iPhone 4)
    Combination of native and Web apps to emulate the desktop experience

Hardware specifications
    4-inch screen or larger
    Super AMOLED screen or similar
    1GHz processor or higher
    3D graphics accelerator
    Multipoint motion sensors (like a gyroscope, geo-magnetic sensors)

Defining the 'superphone' | Dialed In - CNET Blogs
    09-26-11 03:06 PM
    I think it was just that the specs, size, connectivity and functionality of smartphones simply got ridiculous and that calling them a "smartphone" wasn't enough. But....in practice (according to the carriers) I think it means dual-core or more in cpu power and a large screen...
    09-26-11 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD