my 12 year old sis got the idea of the AD. do you think a lot of people are going to the web right now to learn more about the new BB??????
    02-03-13 07:59 PM
    Last I checked, March is less than a month away so I don't know where you get a couple of months from
    He probably is expecting end of March and then add another month for good measure, because he expects the usual delays. LOL
    02-03-13 08:00 PM
    Wow. Tough crowd in here.

Imagine if anything can be described well enough in 30 seconds. It's a TV ad people. Put the remote down, take a breath, go outside and relax a little. A lot of panties in a lot of bunches around here.
    In 30 seconds, I could have shown the timeshift camera so 50% of the teenage male population in teh USA see the damn thing.
    02-03-13 08:00 PM
    It was cool!!
    02-03-13 08:01 PM
    Yeah....there should be no man alive complaining about that half time show. None lol
    Beyonce was less disappointing. If anything, I now have an appreciation for her as an entertainer, which never existed 30 minutes ago.

I will never provide any income to her, but atleast I can comprehend why some people will pay for her talents/
    02-03-13 08:02 PM
    Well, unless they really like Doritos and more concerned with the dress than the body in it......
    Just sayin'.
    sent from my sexy PlayBook using Tapatalk2 (*_~)
    The BB commercial was an epic fail. Seriously, no one but hard core BB fans will even know it was a blackberry commercial. WTF, BB is clueless.
    h20work likes this.
    Hmm ok so basically the guy plays with fire when swiping to the hub to show he Is on fire with the speed and having the power at his fingertips. Then when he is swiping again his legs turn into Elephant legs and the whole building is crashing. This represents That He is on top of the world. He's bigger, larger then anyone else. With the truck coming towards him he swipes again and then the truck turns into rubber duckies. I can't figure out what that means, but the rest is my theory on this commercial.
    02-03-13 08:03 PM
    my 12 year old sis got the idea of the AD. do you think a lot of people are going to the web right now to learn more about the new BB??????
    I think most people did not notice for a second that it was a commercial for Blackberry. If they did, this power outage would be a blessing in disguise.
    The ad was not made for crackberry members. I think it was for brand recognition and for the average person. I think overall it is a good commercial thar is not meant to stand alone. Blackberry has 1 full month to explain the phone better.
    zyben and Jake2826 like this.
    Hmm ok so basically the guy plays with fire when swiping to the hub to show he Is on fire with the speed and having the power at his fingertips. Then when he is swiping again his legs turn into Elephant legs and the whole building is crashing. This represents That He is on top of the world. He's bigger, larger then anyone else. With the truck coming towards him he wipes again and then the truck turns into rubber duckies. I can't figure out what that means, but the rest is my theory on this commercial.
    The fact that people are here trying to explain het commercial means that anyone not into blackberry won't bother.
    02-03-13 08:04 PM
    In 30 seconds, I could have shown the timeshift camera so 50% of the teenage male population in teh USA see the damn thing.
    Pretty sure many phones have that baked in, I know Nokia does, and the rest have an app for that. Peek n flow or the keyboard would of been better.
    02-03-13 08:05 PM
    Samsung's commerical (2 minutes at $14 million):

...and the BB commerical was 30 secs; only so much you can do in 30 secs; raise awareness is about it. Most of the other commercials were averaging at 1 min.
    02-03-13 08:05 PM
    The fact that people are here trying to explain het commercial means that anyone not into blackberry won't bother.
    No one needs to explain it. I honestly feel bad for anyone that doesn't get it.

'Murica.
    02-03-13 08:06 PM
    Many defenders, and kudos to you. But they needed brand recognition early in the ad and throughout. Start with...

"We're BlackBerry. You thought we were done? You thought we were just an industrial afterthought? Well get a load of this..."

What they showed us could have been anything from an insurance ad to pants. They needed to brand the **** out of that and they didn't.
    richardat likes this.
    02-03-13 08:06 PM
    My cousin, who 30 minutes ago said the blackberry was gone - Now was asking me the price, and whether it was full touch.
    02-03-13 08:07 PM
    Yeah....there should be no man alive complaining about that half time show. None lol
    I will complain, it sucked! I vote for Carrie Underwood next year, now that would be a show

As for BB ad...... Eh, it was ok. Curious if BB/rim will be around next Super Bowl???
    Last edited by powellcrazy; 02-03-13 at 08:19 PM.
    02-03-13 08:07 PM
    That's just wrong LOL

Hmm... that does sound bad. I'm going to get Samsung kewpie doll.
    02-03-13 08:08 PM
    From elsewhere:

The inspiration actually came from the Marvel comic book characters, the Fantastic Four. The BlackBerry user in the commercial grows scaly, elephantine legs, similar to The Thing. He is set on fire without being burned, a take on the Human Torch. When he disappears in a burst of colourful dust, that was inspired by The Invisible Woman. The only thing he does not do is stretch like Mister Fantastic.

BlackBerry Super Bowl ad debut inspired by Fantastic Four - The Globe and Mail
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-03-13 08:08 PM
    Am I the only one who hasn't seen it, even though I was glued to the screen? Maybe it only aired in the US since, after all, they did pronounce it "ZEE-10".

Saw it on youtube. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be.
    02-03-13 08:09 PM
    I will complain, it sucked! I vote for Carrie Underwood next year, now that would be a show
    I'd rather see Carrie from king of queens.

Sent from my Iphone 5 using Tapatalk
    Rickroller, Blacklatino and Rello like this.
    02-03-13 08:10 PM
    lol @ those criticizing it> you all did that when the first pics of the z10 was shown, when the X now Q10 was shown, now this? its official CB has turned into the forum for whiners and bashers of BB...hey BB is out with a new tablet (oh they could have put this thingamagig in it). Gieco had ads that made you scratch your head....but they did the trick, somtimes not talking directly about your product while advertising it is the best way to marketing....chill out people
    02-03-13 08:11 PM
    Many defenders, and kudos to you. But they needed brand recognition early in the ad and throughout. Start with...

"We're BlackBerry. You thought we were done? You thought we were just an industrial afterthought? Well get a load of this..."

What they showed us could have been anything from an insurance ad to pants. They needed to brand the **** out of that and they didn't.
    I actually think that would be a terrible idea. No need to talk about the negative things, just Move Forward. This is another example of everyone wanting things tailored to their personal tastes. Everyone had an idea of what they wanted and when they didnt get it they think its bad. This was ONE commercial, the re-branding is just starting. Check out the stores in Canada and the displays and ads they have up.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    02-03-13 08:11 PM
    Not really. Everyone here knows a new BB experience is on the way. To people who don't follow tech blogs, all they will remember if anything is a man whose legs turned into a partial elephant.
    Well yeah, I was talking about the average consumer...those who don't follow these forums. People in my house, and they're my age didn't really get what the commercial was about
    02-03-13 08:13 PM
    I don't think it was a bad commercial. It was a lot better than the "Be Bold" campaign. It's a lot better than the Samsung commercial.

Sent from my Iphone 5 using Tapatalk
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    02-03-13 08:14 PM
267 ... 34567 ...