they didn't even grade it in NBC business
    02-03-13 07:50 PM
    Should of spent 6 mil and used 60s.
    I liked it! Sometimes, less is more, as in this case. IMHO a commercial doesn't have to be flashy or over done, to prove a point, or to say something. GOOD JOB BB!
    cpsquires, zyben, schmeat and 2 others like this.
    The power outage has killed the commercial.
    Honestly, that's probably true.

I've been critical of Blackberry's decision to run a commercial during the Super Bowl for a product that won't be available for over a month, but Blackberry was really unlucky with the timing of the commercial, coming right before (after? - CBS broke away without explanation) the power outage. The commercial IMO was good, but not memorable enough that most people are going to remember it after the highly-unusual power outage delay.
    Oh I get it. Blackberry then Black out.
    That's just wrong LOL
    The power outage has killed the commercial.
    This could be very true
    02-03-13 07:51 PM
    It's a tie-in to the website...there's something new on the BB website BlackBerry Z10 Experience that ties in with FaceBook and takes you through the experience
    Oh god, that website is horrendous. I gave it 15 seconds. It did nothing to convince me of anything. "I like music". OK, show me what the Z10 can do for my music. 15 seconds and nothing. I give up.

Is Blackberrry trolling me?
    02-03-13 07:51 PM
    In 30 seconds, it's easy to ignore our own product and barely mention our name. Who are we, again? I forgot already.

Hopefully they'll have better marketing ploys for later.
    h20work likes this.
    02-03-13 07:52 PM
    Oh I get it. Blackberry then Black out.
    LOL.
    I liked it. It wasn't what I expect. Different but still liked it. My mom laughed. I feel like it was cut shirt since the lights went out. And as for the people who bring up lack of apps, look at them and say. "its only weird if it doesn't work!"

Although personally I don't like bud
    yeah good point, i love the bud commercials this year and thats a good comeback. I also dont care for bud beer
    Not to worry, this is just BB Commercial 1.0.
    xweb10 likes this.
    02-03-13 07:53 PM
    I give it a 5 out of 10. Nobody is going to remember it..
    02-03-13 07:54 PM
    snip...I also dont care for bud beer
    That's good, 'cause Bud is not beer.
    canadauni likes this.
    For those who don't get the commercial...it's actually the opposite of what the narrative said. The commercial showed that with his Z10, he was able to become smoke, turn his legs into elephant legs, save his life by turning that tanker into yellow rubber duckies yellow balls/flowers (didn't really catch exactly what it was), etc. With the final narrative question, basically saying Z10 can do everything that is realistic...not unrealistic ones (which were the ones shown in the commercial where it looked like it can do). Reverse psychology in a sense.

And my apologies to those who did understand the commercial.

I saw the Samsung commercial, wasn't too impressed by it...lots of dialogue for 2 minutes (at $14 million), and I felt bored towards the end. Not on par to their iPhone-mocking ad, which I thought was good. Certainly wouldn't convinced me to get a Galaxy. But that's my opinion.
    Last edited by DuexNoir; 02-03-13 at 08:37 PM.
    9of13, zyben, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    What is the overall marketing strategy? I don't get it.

Couldn't they have at least done something with the splat spark. have the damn spark fly to popular sites in the USA and have it say Blackberry at each site. End it with saying Blackberry 10.

God, there. Better concept.
    02-03-13 07:55 PM
    I mean, it gets people aware that a new BB experience is coming but thats about it. I didn't really get the gist (no pun intended lol) and no one really was excited by it
    02-03-13 07:56 PM
    For those who don't get the commercial...it's actually the opposite of what the narrative said. The commercial showed that with his Z10, he was able to become smoke, turn his legs into elephant legs, save his life by turning that tanker into yellow balls/flowers (didn't really catch exactly what it was), etc. With the final narrative question, basically saying Z10 can do everything that is realistic...not unrealistic ones (which were the ones shown in the commercial where it looked like it can do). Reverse psychology in a sense.

I saw the Samsung commercial, wasn't too impressed by it...lots of dialogue for 2 minutes (at $14 million), and I felt bored towards the end. Not on par to their iPhone-mocking ad, which I thought was good. Certainly wouldn't convinced me to get a Galaxy. But that's my opinion.
    If it has to be explained, it doesn't work.
    02-03-13 07:56 PM
    For those who don't get the commercial...it's actually the opposite of what the narrative said. The commercial showed that with his Z10, he was able to become smoke, turn his legs into elephant legs, save his life by turning that tanker into yellow balls/flowers (didn't really catch exactly what it was), etc. With the final narrative question, basically saying Z10 can do everything that is realistic...not unrealistic ones (which were the ones shown in the commercial where it looked like it can do). Reverse psychology in a sense.

I think we all understood the commercial. It was stupid. The persons was doing things he shouldn't do. Why not have the Z10 be a fire extinguisher, putting out a car fire. Z10 Extends to a ladder to get a cat out of a tree for a little girl. Then it would be genius. The guy had elephant legs? It was S-T-U-P-I-D.

I thought the Samsung commercial was set for the 4th quarter?
    h20work likes this.
    02-03-13 07:57 PM
    What the heck was that commercial? It didn't even raise any awareness about the phone or OS. If Blackberry wanted to waste all that money, they should have just given it to me. Felt like a last minute rush job.
    It's intended to raise awareness of the brand, that's it. 30 seconds to implant something memorable in people's brains and hopefully associate it with the brand name. You sure can't give any kind of a walkthrough of a whole OS in 30 seconds.
    It was a funny commercial....saw the bit at the end? It is too early to say how effective it will be but it was anything but bland. Very good job!!
    BB above the RIM, I guess every move is animated,
    cause once they get the word out they cant be deflated.
    Every step I take shakes the ground,
    you moving with your ankle so I will break you down.....

BB for the win!!!
    I thought the whole point of the ad was just to put it into the conscious mind that Blackberry is still around..Most of the people I'm around/know think Blackberry is dead, this is just to show it's not.
    Wow. Tough crowd in here.

Imagine if anything can be described well enough in 30 seconds. It's a TV ad people. Put the remote down, take a breath, go outside and relax a little. A lot of panties in a lot of bunches around here.
    02-03-13 07:58 PM
    Huh, Beyonce did a great job...did you see her outfit????!

Sent from my Iphone 5 using Tapatalk
    Yeah....there should be no man alive complaining about that half time show. None lol
    Since it doesn't seem to be airing on CTV on the westcoast, I watched the clip on Youtube... and, it was a fitting Superbowl commercial. Flashy, but didn't really reveal anything. It looks to be an attention-grabber for a series of followup commercials.

A little too much hype for it, though.. it wasn't anything *incredible*
    I mean, it gets people aware that a new BB experience is coming but thats about it. I didn't really get the gist (no pun intended lol) and no one really was excited by it
    Not really. Everyone here knows a new BB experience is on the way. To people who don't follow tech blogs, all they will remember if anything is a man whose legs turned into a partial elephant.
    02-03-13 07:59 PM
267 ... 23456 ...