I have tried 5 sets of 3.5 mm headphones and all skip in/out of speaker mode when bumped or jostled.

Thinking short of having the hardware repaired, the only option to enjoy my Pandora/music would be to use a set of bluetooth headphones.

Does anyone have any experience with Motorola, Plantronics etc behind-the-neck active wear bluetooth headphones for listening on the bb Tour?

Thanks ahead
    07-29-10 01:40 AM
    Everyone seems to have a different experience with this issue. The last stereo bluetooth headset I tried was the Plantronics Backbeat 903. They sound good, comfortable to wear, didnt block outside sounds (a plus for me). The outgoing calls sounded fine to my clients, but the incoming calls were very garbled. For listening to music while walking or working they were fine, as a phone headset they were half fine. You might want to check out the forum at Plantronics.com, being aware that only those folks with problems post there.
    07-29-10 03:33 PM
    I too have had problems with the headphone jack in my Tour. I am on my second one because the little contact right at the opening of the jack broke off and the BB didn't know if a headset was plugged in or not. From reading on here and elsewhere this is a common issue.

I am using the Samsung WEP870 headset. It has a single ear piece with a mic that you can use or if you want stereo you can plug in a set of stereo headphones that came with it. I have not had any problem with the voice quality of the unit.

I also looked at getting the Sony Ericsson Hi-Fi bluetooth stereo headset with FM radio. It is a bluetooth receiver/mike/FM recevier you can use any headset with. I thought having the FM radio built in would be nice at the gym to listen to the TV's that are setup to broadcast on FM stations. I didn't like the fact that the mike was in the receiver so you had to place the receiver near your mouth. I ended up going for the Samsung unit since you can unclip the headphones and use it as a normal ear piece. You just can't loose the headphones that came with it.
    07-29-10 08:34 PM
    i have and use the $20 Earcandy earbuds every day while working (light assembly, not an office job) with no problems. cheapest set Best Buy had when i went.
    07-29-10 10:55 PM
    I had the Plantronics Voyager but found the earepiece extremely uncomfortable. Call quality wasn't the best either IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD