Okay so I'm working for a company that sells Sprint/Nextel and Alltel BlackBerry's.

I'm in the process of starting up a BlackBerry class to be held once or twice a month to teach the less Tech Savvy customers how to use their BB's.

The BlackBerry's we are selling are the 9630 and the 8330 and the 8350i.

I personally have a 9530 (Storm) so I'm not sure how to use the keyboard shortcuts and all of that.

I have to present to my boss a lesson plan of things that I can go over for approximately an hour with the customers, by the way this is a free service I'm offering, and it is coming out of my own free time.

So if you guys could just leave the essential must know's for blackberry's with trackballs. EX: Most used Keyboard Shortcuts, best free applications with the most ease of use. I really appreciate the help, I don't have much time to play with these phones and I'm not very familiar with trackballs so you would be doing me a huge favor!
    11-24-09 09:36 AM
    ALSO......... I was thinking about for the class downloading the BlackBerry simulator and hooking up the computer to the big screen tv and going through everything on the simulator so people can follow along with what they are seeing on the tv. How does this sound?
    11-24-09 09:41 AM
    Sounds like a great idea!! I work in wireless sales as well and have thought of the same concept. Here's some helpful tips that may assist you with your task.

11-24-09 10:26 AM
    Another valuable resouces you should have on hand, the BlackBerry Owners Guides in searchable PDF format.

Each time a BlackBerry Device OS software is installed, you get an updated copy of the Users Guide at:

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\*device*\userguide_*device*_gprs.

You can also download a copy from BlackBerry Support.
    11-24-09 11:52 AM
    I wouldn't do third party apps.
    Keep it to what is pre installed on the phone.
    If you cover other apps and their phones get bricked, etc. they may come back to you and your boss.
    11-24-09 11:58 AM
    First lesson: RTFM
    Second lesson: Google
    Third lesson: How to manage file free
    Fourth lesson: How to use BBM
    Fifth lesson: How to use search on internet forums

Not necessarily in that order.

Jus sayin.
    11-24-09 12:06 PM
    Thank You guys!
    11-30-09 06:14 PM
    This is great stuff. All shops need reps like you!
    11-30-09 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD