Another vote for outlook.com. I copied my entire email history from my gmail account over and set up forwarding then never looked back.
    Reed Richards likes this.
    12-28-14 03:30 PM
    for those looking to migrate from gmail to outlook, microsoft makes it real easy....

"The import wizard will migrate your existing email messages, connect to your Gmail contacts, and walk you through the steps to forward incoming Gmail messages to Outlook.com."

"Unlike Google, Microsoft prioritizes your privacy and doesn't scan your email to serve you ads."

Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email
    12-28-14 03:48 PM
    Startpage.com

Posted via CB10
    I started using Startpage recently. Works for me. Good on my PC anyway.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-28-14 04:00 PM
    I am not talking from a security standpoint at all, so take this as you will. I am only speaking from a speed standpoint....
    - Chris Murphy 
    Yes EAS is superior. In my opinion. Not only speed but true two way sync in real time. Open a message on the Outlook.com website and it instantly shows as "read" on your blackberry.

The only problem is when using a PC mail client. I find outlook's IMAP to be much slower to load messages. After all Microsoft only recently even added IMAP support.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-28-14 04:31 PM
    While you are reviewing your options. You can manage your privacy settings via your Google Dashboard. and Google Ad Settings.
    Wow, that was interesting. Thnx for the hint

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    12-28-14 04:48 PM
    Just came across this recent comparison:

Yahoo Mail vs. Outlook.com vs. Gmail vs. AOL Mail

Oddly, gmail wins, with outlook a close "runner-up". Outlook seems to be best for those who work a lot with MS Office. Since I generally avoid MS Office like the plague I don't see much advantage to outlook in any of the listed categories for my specific situation.

In any case, I'm strongly leaning towards a neomatrix/mykolab-type of solution (or startmail or runbox or...). I appreciate everyone's contribution to this thread and I'm looking at or considering most suggestions!
    12-28-14 07:34 PM
    I started using Startpage recently. Works for me. Good on my PC anyway.
    I think you will find it quite useful and secure in the overall scheme of things.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 07:55 PM
    Like others have already said, Outlook.com is for me.

Instagram: iamivanwilliams
    Twitter: iamivanwilliams
    12-28-14 08:10 PM
    Yes EAS is superior. In my opinion. Not only speed but true two way sync in real time. Open a message on the Outlook.com website and it instantly shows as "read" on your blackberry.

The only problem is when using a PC mail client. I find outlook's IMAP to be much slower to load messages. After all Microsoft only recently even added IMAP support.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Except that on Windows, you can use Windows Live Mail (how it stores data sucks) or Microsoft Outlook, using a subset of Exchange technology. That way you get your Tasks, Contacts and Calendar Synced too. Notes are excluded unfortunately.
    Last edited by jhanks64; 12-28-14 at 10:11 PM.
    12-28-14 08:14 PM
    All this talk of privacy, sheesh. Sounds like some folks would be better off with a box of pens and a few reams of paper lol.
    I'm sure 99% of the people in this thread have high level security matters in their emails, thus need to ensure complete privacy. :eyeroll:.
    Yes this thread make me laugh. Its like a discussion of armoured cars for security and then you go visit your friends house and leave the windows down.
    This misses the point. At least in my case we're not talking about a zero-sum game. Between NSA-proof on one end and absolute zero privacy/security on the other hand there is a reasonable spectrum of security and privacy options it appears. Just looking for something reasonable, responsible, and a happy medium along that spectrum (along with other useful features), that's all.
    12-28-14 08:29 PM
    Outlook.com. Works beautifully with BlackBerry 10 with respect to instant push/sync email, calendar, contacts, tasks. I especially like how it will let you search Outlook.com for emails older than what you configure for on device local storage. One drive has lots of space, and Android Onenote app works great on 10.3.1.1154. The desktop client is quite nice too.

I use Gmail for archiving purposes and backup client. Maybe it's just me, but I think Gmail has a terrible desktop browser UI . Can't believe they haven't changed it after what seems like a decade.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 12:19 AM
    Yes. Contacts. Calendar. Tasks.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    Nice, thanks for info! Now I need to import my gmail contact to Outlook, somehow
    12-29-14 01:05 AM
    Except that on Windows, you can use Windows Live Mail (how it stores data sucks) or Microsoft Outlook, using a subset of Exchange technology. That way you get your Tasks, Contacts and Calendar Synced too. Notes are excluded unfortunately.
    Correct. As I stated above in my other post I would assume an EAS capable PC mail client would work great. The mail client we use at work is only IMAP. I tried Outlook.com with it and it was terrible. So that's my only reason for using GMail.

12-29-14 02:01 AM
    Nice, thanks for info! Now I need to import my gmail contact to Outlook, somehow
    See post 102

Posted via CB10
    radek_reach likes this.
    12-29-14 06:58 AM
    Just came across this recent comparison:

Yahoo Mail vs. Outlook.com vs. Gmail vs. AOL Mail

Oddly, gmail wins, with outlook a close "runner-up". Outlook seems to be best for those who work a lot with MS Office. Since I generally avoid MS Office like the plague I don't see much advantage to outlook in any of the listed categories for my specific situation.

In any case, I'm strongly leaning towards a neomatrix/mykolab-type of solution (or startmail or runbox or...). I appreciate everyone's contribution to this thread and I'm looking at or considering most suggestions!
    That article is heavily weighted to the web interface and service provided mobile applications. If that is how you use the services then that article may be helpful. If you are accessing the services from an independent email client, not so much.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    BBHermes likes this.
    12-29-14 07:58 AM
    Yandex, Hotmail for push, tormail, hushmail w.e

Or run your own. :P
    12-29-14 08:16 AM
    Interesting! Do you have any thoughts or comments so far on your experience? Especially compared to the three services you dropped?
    Been using it for a couple days now. It works very well and I don't regret getting rid of the other services. I want privacy I don't want ads and I don't want people scanning my ****.

Classic Passport
    BBHermes likes this.
    12-29-14 09:26 PM
    http://m.winsupersite.com/article/wi...ontacts-143969

12-30-14 12:34 AM
    See post 102

Posted via CB10
    Seen, done as described and thank you a lot, sir!

Sent from Z device
    12-30-14 11:16 AM
    Best free one I've tried is Outlook.com

If you want secure & private, they you need your own email server and tie it in with BES. You give up secure & private when you use most any FREE Service. But then I guess it really depends on what level of security and privacy you feel that YOU need.
    12-30-14 11:19 AM
    I personally like outlook.com but thinking of switching to Gmail because of below reasons:

1. Don't know about email storage on outlook.com and secondly can't check how much space I am left with. Always having fear of my emails bouncing back due to full storage space.

2. Secondly I can't see my mobile sync contacts on outlook.com. Unlike in Gmail I can see all those contacts which are synced.

Any help will be appreciated

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 10:51 AM
    Confused with the Contact part of your post. If you go to Contacts in Outlook.com, you should see all your Contacts. Is that not the case?
    As for email space\storage, 5GB is the 'limit'. But, like other providers, I'm sure Outlook\Microsoft will tell you once you're nearing your limit. I don't feel this is something to worry about...

I personally like outlook.com but thinking of switching to Gmail because of below reasons:

1. Don't know about email storage on outlook.com and secondly can't check how much space I am left with. Always having fear of my emails bouncing back due to full storage space.

2. Secondly I can't see my mobile sync contacts on outlook.com. Unlike in Gmail I can see all those contacts which are synced.

Any help will be appreciated

Posted via CB10
    j4rive likes this.
    12-31-14 12:05 PM
    Strange, 5GB you say?? Mine is 15... and the one connected with xbox live is 20GB

Sent from Z device
    j4rive likes this.
    01-01-15 03:56 AM
    Strange, 5GB you say?? Mine is 15... and the one connected with xbox live is 20GB

Sent from Z device
    Hmm, I stand corrected.

Instagram: iamivanwilliams
    Twitter: iamivanwilliams
    01-01-15 08:25 AM
    my Outlook email/storage is 30gb for absolutely free.

happy user here.
    01-01-15 09:42 AM
168 ... 34567