Hey Guys!!

So, I just discovered SugarSync yesterday. I love it, so far it's pretty much amazing.
    I was curious, however, Does anyone know of a program like SugarSync that will not only let me sync files (Such as my photos, music, etc etc) but also calendar and Contact info? (something Mobileme like)
    or, better yet, does anyone know of a way I can do this with SugarSync?

Thanks for any tips!
    Brandon
    Last edited by BestBuyMobileBBUser; 04-03-09 at 06:30 PM.
    04-02-09 09:21 PM
    I also started using SugarSync for BlackBerry this week. It's like magic. I have all my files from all my computers on my BlackBerry at all times. It feels like every BlackBerry user should use this.
    04-04-09 12:52 AM
    sugarsync sounds great....but what is the security?

Yes, they say files are transfrerred overr ssl with 128-bit (why not 256?) encryption. But who has the key?

I won't use an offsite backup or storage service unless I am the only person with the encryption key. Way too much personal info can be found on files.

Does anyone even know where the servers are located? What if a sugarsync employee views your files and extracts info that they then use to steal your id?

And what happens to all that info if the company goes out of business?

A local isp suddley shut down a few months ago and disposed of its servers with all harddrives in the dumpster behind the office building in which it operated. Another local isp retrived them and was offering to "recover" the clients' web sites for a fee.

Is that where you would want your personal info to end up?
    04-06-09 10:48 AM
    one problem I have with sugar sync is that I can't upload files from my blackberry.

I can only edit files that are within sugar sync that were from my computer/laptop.

They should have that feature since I often write documents on my blackberry.
    04-16-09 05:52 PM

Yes, they say files are transfrerred overr ssl with 128-bit (why not 256?) encryption. But who has the key?

I won't use an offsite backup or storage service unless I am the only person with the encryption key. Way too much personal info can be found on files.

Does anyone even know where the servers are located? What if a sugarsync employee views your files and extracts info that they then use to steal your id?

A local isp suddley shut down a few months ago and disposed of its servers with all harddrives in the dumpster behind the office building in which it operated. Another local isp retrived them and was offering to "recover" the clients' web sites for a fee.

That's outrageous. They should be required by law to destroy those drives!
    04-16-09 07:04 PM

THAT is is absolutely crazy! I can't believe that is legal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD