from other posts here, it seems that people with Mercedes, Audi, BMW and other fancy cars can count on fairly successful bluetooth integration between the car systems and the Blackberry family.

I wanted this, so I looked carefully at a number of replacement CD receivers with built-in bluetooth. Folks, there's a lot of dealers and manufacturers out there who haven't done this right or don't know much about it.

I narrowed in on a JVC KD-BT1 CD receiver and had that installed in my Camry. Works perfect, pairs instantly, address books transfers fine, recent call list transfers and all functions work perfect with my GSM 8800.

If you Google this deck, you will see fairly favorable reviews except for the user interface. I agree, it's kludgy, confusing, you have to press a bunch of different buttons to get things done. I suppose I will get used to it, but now on my third day I still press the wrong button sometimes.

If anyone has questions about this particular unit, I'll try and answer them.

10-24-07 04:43 PM
    hi - I to have a JVC KD-BT1 and it has worked well as far as the bluetooth goes. however, I had to upgrade my phone and am trying to pair the new phone. unfortunately I have misplaced the user's guide that took me through the process. is there any way you could tell me the steps to pair the Blackberry and the JVC KD-BT1? I would really appreciate it.
    05-25-08 08:22 PM
    Few questions (thanks in advance)...

The reason you got this is for seemless connection to your blackberry? Is that for music only? What else can you do with it?

What do you mean by "address book transfers"?

I'm looking for a system that will have good "voice recognition", and good sound (both input and output), so i can go compeltely wireless in my car...

Is this what this JVC system can do for me?
    05-31-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD