can someboady tell me what i am doing wrong?

on this site i wish to recieve an email to every repy to my forum posts. or at least the first of many to my forum posts...

isnt that what subscriptions are?

i have to keep refreshing my phone to see if anybody replies... is there a way from my phone to make this easier? how about UserCP options??

i do show the subscripitons in my userCP but dont recieve emails and i do sign up for them??

thanks!!
    09-22-08 11:50 AM
    While in the user CP, click on "List Subscriptions" of the left. Just above the list of all the threads you are subscrubed to, there is a notification check box on the right, check that and it should check all subscribed threads. Then at the bottom of the page, in the pull down menu next to "selected threads", choose "instant email notification". Hit the "Go" button, and you should be good!
    09-22-08 11:55 AM
    If Shooperman's instructions don't solve your problem, post your question in the Site Questions and Bug Reporting Forum. Not getting subscription notifications is a problem that pops up occasionally, and usually only affects a few users, so if you don't complain, it may not be noticed. It happened to me a couple of times before I became a Mod. Whatever the cause is, Kevin (and probably only Kevin) can fix it.
    09-22-08 12:28 PM
    thanks! will try!!
    09-22-08 02:27 PM
    While in the user CP, click on "List Subscriptions" of the left. Just above the list of all the threads you are subscrubed to, there is a notification check box on the right, check that and it should check all subscribed threads. Then at the bottom of the page, in the pull down menu next to "selected threads", choose "instant email notification". Hit the "Go" button, and you should be good!
    I'd use this sparingly to start, a hot topic, will drive you crazy with the instant notification, and it's not real easy to change from your BB itself..
    09-22-08 02:31 PM
    do i have to do this for every new forum post in the future?
    09-22-08 02:34 PM
    I'd use this sparingly to start, a hot topic, will drive you crazy with the instant notification, and it's not real easy to change from your BB itself..
    VREY true. I used to have instant notifications, but had to turn them off. To change your default settings you can go back into your CP, click "edit options" on the left, then about 1/3 down the page there is a "default thread subscription mode" pull down menu. Set that to what you want then hit save at the bottom of the page.
    09-22-08 03:06 PM
    I use instant notification extensively. I have over 2000. They're essential for monitoring threads. Of course most of them are inactive at any one time. I haven't found them to be a nuisance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 07:08 PM
    Not a fan of the instant notification as well. However, the subscribed function is very helpful when you are keeping up with threads via your BB.
    09-22-08 07:23 PM
    Can get a bit overwhelming but its great not having to check the actual thread over and over!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD