Is there a way to subscribe to a post when accessing the wap version of the board?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 01:28 PM
    Anyone know how to do this? Or is it even possible?
    07-30-08 09:05 AM
    I tried to find it yesterday and had no luck

07-30-08 10:50 AM
    you can subscribe from your pc then view them from the wap page
    07-30-08 10:52 AM
    Yea but what if I'm on wap and I see a new post I want to subscribe too. I view this site wap 80% of the time. If cb doesn't have this then it deffintly should.

07-30-08 11:01 AM
    Are you talking about subscribing without posting?

Whenever I reply to a thread it subscribes me.

07-30-08 11:28 AM
    Ok4 is right. When I go to check subscribed threads, everything I've posted to is there.

07-30-08 11:34 AM
    OK, this is the answer I'm looking for. Pays to search the forum. So now I will find out if this works as I am posting via WAP and will soon find out if I am automatically subscribed to it...

09-28-08 04:48 PM
    OK, this is the answer I'm looking for. Pays to search the forum. So now I will find out if this works as I am posting via WAP and will soon find out if I am automatically subscribed to it...

No it didn't. So I went to my computer to confirm and I was not subscribed to the thread. So I went to "My Account" - "Edit Options" and under "Messaging & Notification" I see this:

Default Thread Subscription Mode
    When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
    Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode:

Drop down menu, gives me: No email; instant; daily; weekly... subscription choices.

Now unfortunately I have to decide my default over instant/daily/weekly - choices that will now apply to all my messages whether I am on WAP or not.

Do I want to subscribe instant or daily??? There are definitely those threads you would like to follow instantly and others you don't want to be disturbed by during your day.

I wish we could have a choice to choose that while on WAP on the fly. Not globally.

Both choices, globally in account settings and on the fly WAP.

Just putting it out there...

Thanks though, for guiding me down this path, now I know what's up. Still would like that option.
    09-28-08 05:03 PM
    Very helpful! Thank you! I had those exact questions. I like how helpful and friendly people with blackberries are. It gives me confidence in the world

10-18-08 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD