Is BBM dependent on WiFi? What if there is no internet connection where I am, will I still be able to use BBM? And is it free? (I live in Canada and will be going to Bahamas and want to use Blackberry Messenger). LOVE BBM!
    02-21-11 06:27 PM
    Is BBM dependent on WiFi? What if there is no internet connection where I am, will I still be able to use BBM? And is it free? (I live in Canada and will be going to Bahamas and want to use Blackberry Messenger). LOVE BBM!
    You need some sort of internet connection whether its network data or wifi. So if you have no internet connection BBM won't work and show up to your contacts as unreachable
    02-21-11 06:33 PM
    Also, if you access it over the carrier network while you are in the Bahamas, you will be charged roaming charges.
    02-21-11 06:42 PM
    First, you need to have a Data plan ( which i think you have already)
    then ask for a Global/ international data plan while you're in the Bahamas, that way whether you're on a Wi-Fi zone or not, you will still have access.
    Downside is, the price. It can be expensive especially if you plan to stay for more than a week.
    02-21-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD