Hi All

I recently purchased a BB Bold 9000 and successfully transferred my contacts from my Mac. I tried updating the a particular contact directly on my device however an error message comes up advising "Contacts updated externally. Changes will be lost and viewer closed."

The device is not even allowing me to delete the contact nor does it [particular contact] update with the changes that are made in my address book.

Help...please
    12-09-08 08:00 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I can't delete two entries on my contact and when try to delete it the handheld gives me "Contacts updated externally. "Contacts updated externally. Changes will be lost and viewer closed."
    01-12-09 04:19 AM
    Do your guys' contacts happen to be Brett Favre? :-P

Have you tried deleting the contacts from your pc or mac and then syncing over again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 04:54 AM
    I love Brett Favre. Bromance ppl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 06:20 AM
    I tried from my mac and it did not delete contact. also tried editing all info off bb and than it wouldn't let me close contact and reestablished contact later. How do we delete ? anyone know!! thanks
    03-05-09 09:37 PM
    I am having the same problem. I installed Missing Sync for Mac version 2 (biggest mistake ever) and now I have all sorts of problems, even reverting back to Missing Sync for Mac version 1. Anyway, the least of these problems is as you describe:
    1. Contact does not exist on the desktop
    2. Contact will not delete or edit on the device with message: 'Contact updated externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed'
    I've done all the usual stuff. I do not want to wipe my device and have to setup all my wireless access codes again and go through various email filetring set ups, third party software activations etc etc.
    Please help.
    A.
    04-07-09 11:42 AM
    well here it is april 25 and there appears to be no help for this problem so. can anyone help us? please! thanks
    04-25-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD