I'm just wondering if anyone has attempted this. I'm considering getting this bluetooth adapter for my car in hopes that it would let me play my music off my 9700 (TMo) over the car stereo.

Alpine's site says it should be possible if the phone supports A2DP or AVRCP. They also have a compatibility table here: http://support.alpine-usa.com/produc...omp_011609.pdf

But with no 9700 on the list, I'm not so sure. Also, would this work for streaming Pandora?
    03-19-10 01:04 AM
    I've got a new 2010 Mazda 3 with built in bluetooth. I can stream music perfectly from my 9700 to the car using the standard media player. My audio controls on the steering wheel even control the music, so I can skip song without having to touch the phone (which doesn't work with my fiancee iPhone).

I haven't tried it with Pandora or any of the other apps, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    03-19-10 09:21 AM
    I do on my motorbike, my headset has play, back, forward buttons, once paired I simply press play, works great, actually works much easier and better than my ipod, but we wont go there!
    03-19-10 09:47 AM
    I have a Jabra SP700 that does just what I think you're looking for. It hangs on the sun visor and streams Bluetooth Audio from my phone to my car stereo. It plays thru any FM frequency I want, so I pick one without a current station. Works great!

It also is a "hands-free" device and pauses music when a call comes in. Google it, you won't be dissapointed!
    03-19-10 11:25 AM
    I've got a new 2010 Mazda 3 with built in bluetooth. I can stream music perfectly from my 9700 to the car using the standard media player. My audio controls on the steering wheel even control the music, so I can skip song without having to touch the phone (which doesn't work with my fiancee iPhone).

I haven't tried it with Pandora or any of the other apps, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    I'm just curious: does BT connection allow you to do things like explore folders (not just skip from song to song, but actually navigate) and can you still control what's playing from the blackberry itself?
    03-19-10 12:12 PM
    on my DUAL 6400 deck i can use the radio to change tracks
    03-19-10 12:17 PM
    I have a Jabra SP700 that does just what I think you're looking for. It hangs on the sun visor and streams Bluetooth Audio from my phone to my car stereo. It plays thru any FM frequency I want, so I pick one without a current station. Works great!

It also is a "hands-free" device and pauses music when a call comes in. Google it, you won't be dissapointed!
    Have you tried this with Pandora or any other internet radio app? I'd probably still go for the Alpine box for better integration though.

PS: I'm very cautious about picking up bluetooth devices ever since my Toshiba laptop refused to recognize my BB 8900 as anything but a modem (no sync, no stream, or any type of data transfer).
    03-19-10 12:19 PM
    The music player I use is called Flipside. Its published by electricpocket.com and I think it's about $10. It shows Album Art, lets you scroll thru your music ala iPhone and even make playlists. It even has a built in link to last.fm that tracks your music tastes. I really like it!
    03-19-10 12:22 PM
    i tried that JABRA SP700 and there was too much background fuzz i hated it
    03-19-10 12:23 PM
    The music player I use is called Flipside. Its published by electricpocket.com and I think it's about $10. It shows Album Art, lets you scroll thru your music ala iPhone and even make playlists. It even has a built in link to last.fm that tracks your music tastes. I really like it!
    does flipside let you stream your own stuff i downloaded pushlife and its awesome that it syncs with my itunes playlists but it doesnt let me stream and when using a BB the media manager sucks everytime i tried to use it my comp got bogged down
    03-19-10 12:25 PM

same here, i'm also driving the new 2010 mazda 3, and it works amazingly.

you can even stream audio from a movie file.
    03-19-10 12:29 PM
    i tried that JABRA SP700 and there was too much background fuzz i hated it
    Too bad! Mine works great, unless I'm in a Metro area without any blank frequencies on the radio.

And yes, Flipside plays all my MP3 files. Don't use iTunes, so I can't comment.
    03-19-10 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD