I am sad to say that i am thinking of leaving blackberry to go to android ( galaxys2)

Now my predicament is I had a play with my friends s2 and it knocked my socks off completely, do i stay with RIM and see what the QNX super phone will be like???
    I have been with RIM since the dawn of time and never had anything apart from blackberries. But I have played the new OS7 devices and they really dont impress me that much....
    10-03-11 08:39 AM
    Then take it and don't tell me a thing because I LOVE my BB. Buy it. Take it. Go to Android Central. Final comment. Cya and thanx for using BB for sometime and we hope you a great time in Android ****. Now that that's over I'm surprised you don't like OS 7 devices. They are awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 08:43 AM
    Then take it and don't tell me a thing because I LOVE my BB. Buy it. Take it. Go to Android Central. Final comment. Cya and thanx for using BB for sometime and we hope you a great time in Android ****. Now that that's over I'm surprised you don't like OS 7 devices. They are awesome!

Did you not read it properly i have been with RIM since before they were even phones!
    10-03-11 08:47 AM
    I think, like most you will enjoy android, but when you start getting busy day to day on it and find it starts to slow you down you'll be back.

Androids are like the car you only drive at weekends lol.

10-03-11 08:48 AM
    Did you not read it properly i have been with RIM since before they were even phones!
    I've read it properly man. Just having a bit of fun on the bye bye from blackberry letter. You will find Android annoying you when your busy. All except for that your fine and you'll like it

NBaker20 likes this.
    10-03-11 08:53 AM
    I think, like most you will enjoy android, but when you start getting busy day to day on it and find it starts to slow you down you'll be back.

Androids are like the car you only drive at weekends lol.

I see your point, i had a play with it for the day and tbh the phone didnt slow done at all it was super fast, i just dont know whether to wait around till the qnx phone comes out next year because like i say ive been with RIM for so long ....
    10-03-11 08:53 AM
    Go for it.. its only once we let something go that we see how much we truly need it. plus i left BB once... but after 2 weeks i needed a BB back. Sidenote: it would be cool if the curves were modeled more like the 8900's i loved that
    10-03-11 04:20 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-guide-576203/

Make the switch. You may like it! It's also good to try different things. You'll be more well rounded.

I've found my Android does what my BlackBerry did, and a lot more. I use it everyday for communication, documents, banking, travel, music, navigation (free).
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-03-11 at 04:31 PM.
    10-03-11 04:29 PM
    I was in a similar situation about a week or so ago. I was eligible for my upgrade and had been waiting for months to get my new BB 9930 from Sprint. Then a week before I can get it, Sprints drops their new Galaxy SII and MAN!! I had to have it! I read all the reviews, Watched all the Videos, Went down to the local Sprint store and played around with one. It is one big beautiful phone. I told myself I'd be fine without a physical keyboard. I'd get the hang of it. After using it for a couple of days I just couldn't take it anymore. I needed my buttons and keyboard shortcuts. I needed my speed dialing. I needed my BBM. The Galaxy SII is a beast of a phone and blows away my 9930 as far as specs and features on paper, but in my hand it just can't beat my BB.
    10-03-11 05:27 PM
    Best thing you can do is try it. I did. 7 years with BlackBerry and I got an iPhone 4 in July. Loved it. It was so fun. Then the battery life got to me. And the app facination lost some of its shine. And the virtual keyboard, as good as it was just wasn't like a BlackBerry. So two and a half months later I found myself at a Rogers store playing with the new Torch 9860 and the Bold 9900. Both were great. I walked out with the Bold and haven't looked back. The iPhone is gone and I don't miss it at all. It was a fun little affair but my heart belongs with what I know, trust and can rely on.

Give the Android a shot, thats the only way you'll really know.
    10-03-11 05:35 PM
    No disrespect to the op, but why do we see threads like this so often? Nobody really cares that you are switching devices...I say go for it. Sometimes you got to see the other side to even know what you like or to remind you how much you like what you just left.

Getting an android may give you peace of mind knowing you made the right move or it may prove that you really in fact do like bb better.

But for crying out loud, let's stop the farewell letters...

10-03-11 07:33 PM
    Go with what works for you OP. This is your device, choose what you want.
    10-03-11 07:37 PM
    Oh nothing wrong with farewell letters, gives them some closure. Kind of like giving up on a friend.
    10-03-11 07:41 PM
    Welcome to the proverbial dark side, lol!

Honestly just need to go with your gut and give it a try. I sometimes miss my 9700, but can't come to give up my mytouch4G.

Change may be good or it may not. Good luck!

10-03-11 09:45 PM
    Everyone should try another platform once at least. And the device he is looking at has some great features you won't find on a BB so don't knock anyone who wants to try. Good luck hope you like it!

10-03-11 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD