That would be a tradeoff: my opinion is based on using the Passport as my daily driver for 6 months, I felt it is still not as good as a trackpad, simply because any user interface element that has to do double duty, like a keyboard that is also a trackpad, or a touchscreen that has a coarse resolution (finger sized) having to place a pixel-sized insertion point, it is going to get it frustratingly wrong some of the time. For example, trying to place the insertion point at the beginning of a line of text on a device without a purpose built trackpad is either frustrating or you get false positives where the keyboard repositions the insertion point, and there is no undo to fix the damage caused. There are software methods to "compensate" but it is still a compromise, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, good thing to copy and paste the whole text you're working on into ClipMan app before starting to edit and before any damage is done to the text or parts of it are irretrievably lost...

:-D

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-25-15 02:00 AM
    Marketing! Marketing! And more marketing!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 03:32 AM
    Lol, what about that sentence made you think I was suggesting anything like that?

I was stating that building BlackBerry 10 was a terrible business decision for BlackBerry. And in my opinion, it was.

You may like the OS and that is perfectly fine, but at this point, do you really think that investing so much time and money into a new platform that has been a commercial failure was a wise business decision for BlackBerry?
    I actually don't know what the right decision would have been. I'm definitely of the belief that doing BlackBerry 8 would have been quick death. I'm not convinced they would have stood out among Android manufacturers with a myriad of them out there. I suppose they could have made Windows Phone stronger, but even that's questionable.

So I guess we'll just have to play this out.
    06-25-15 06:06 AM
    Pretty simple place to start is give reviewers a device with hardware and software that they will rave about.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 08:34 AM
    Pretty simple place to start is give reviewers a device with hardware and software that they will rave about.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah - that's a "simple thing" - can you whip up one next Thursday for them, since you're in the area?

While you're at it, can you do another simple thing and add 500,000 native apps also?

Maybe convince the carriers to do the simple thing of putting it in all their stores and each spend 200 million to push the device too?

Nothing is "simple" right now
    06-25-15 08:56 AM
55 123