so like the title says, the strangest thing ever ocured today to me.

bb maps didn't work that well today. it didn't find my exact location, it pin pointed my location always a couple of streets away.
    so i shut the gps down, after a while i started it again and opened bb maps to see if it might work now.

i started gps navigation.
    after a while the phone found some satallites it kept loading the map.
    after bb maps finished, i saw in the upper right corner a name and the maps kept reloading themselves, like i were driving.
    only i wasn't, i was in my room.

so i looked up on google if the name in the corner had some meaning.
    it is a company which is located near wherer i live.

so, does anyone of you have an idea how this could happen?
    how could i see on my phone where the company car was driving?
    06-07-09 11:21 AM
    To be honest there has been talk on the news about GPS possible becoming so bad it may shut down. Basically the satellites aren't being maintained at all and there is too much traffic on the networks. This is the reason some people have almost driven off cliffs due to following the instructions on their GPS system. Unless something changes, GPS navigation will not be very reliable within the next few years.

Type 'GPS may crash' into Google, should bring up some interesting results.
    Last edited by driftingstarr; 06-07-09 at 11:59 AM.
    06-07-09 11:57 AM
    ok, great, so i better do it like before. old fashioned maps...

it was just so crazy that i could actually follow the company's car where it was driving.
    06-07-09 12:09 PM
    To be honest there has been talk on the news about GPS possible becoming so bad it may shut down. Basically the satellites aren't being maintained at all and there is too much traffic on the networks. This is the reason some people have almost driven off cliffs due to following the instructions on their GPS system. Unless something changes, GPS navigation will not be very reliable within the next few years.

The US Military will not allow the GPS network to fail. Also, it's just a one-way communication, so no matter how many GPS devices are operating at one time, it doesn't matter. There are no "networks" to overload with traffic.
    06-07-09 02:12 PM

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD