this might be a weird question but i have been wondering what to say to people i dnt know who has blackberries.do u say to them "oh i have a blackberry too" or do u just shut up? this might be a bit silly but its cos not many people use blackberries here in london so wen i see one i feel like having a chat with them but dnt want to show off at the same time.

what do u say?
    04-01-08 02:43 PM
    Start by asking them what model they are using. That is what I always do.
    04-01-08 02:48 PM
    aahh good one.
    tnx
    04-01-08 02:57 PM
    i feel the same way!
    haha!
    04-01-08 03:00 PM
    I was at an airport last Friday waiting to pick someone up and was watching people with their phones. I spotted 3 bb's. I tried not to look to long just incase they thought I was going to rob them lol.
    04-01-08 03:12 PM
    Nice Berry! that will usually start a conversation.
    04-01-08 03:19 PM
    I always say great phone isn't it? Then a conversation get started and I have run into so many people that had no idea about crackberry or jivetalk etc. My husband just stands there looking at me as if I am crazy lol
    04-01-08 03:19 PM
    I just take a peek to see which model they have.
    04-01-08 03:20 PM
    great suggestions guys. i was on the train recently to wrk and this business man sat next to me then he got his blackberry pearl out and then the msg tone went off. we both had the same tone so i got my fone to see but it wasnt me, thts wen he noticed my phone and kept giving me funny looks throughout the journey. wanted to say someting to him but didnt knw where to start.
    i think with these suggestions, i am now ready to start a converstaion.

thanks u guys
    xxx
    04-01-08 03:32 PM
    I was at an airport last Friday waiting to pick someone up and was watching people with their phones. I spotted 3 bb's. I tried not to look to long just incase they thought I was going to rob them lol.
    i do that as well. i once sat next to a guy with an iphone. i kept lookin at soo much so he kept showing it off more. when i got off the tube(tram) i wave my bb to his face and his facial expression was just funny. he was just surprise to a young girl with a bb. ha that will teach him!! lol
    04-01-08 03:38 PM
    I always say great phone isn't it? Then a conversation get started and I have run into so many people that had no idea about crackberry or jivetalk etc. My husband just stands there looking at me as if I am crazy lol
    Since I'm continually on the lookout for new/cool applications, I'm always curious about what people have installed on their Berry. I usually won't say anything b/c I don't want to appear rude, but when I do I'm oftentimes disappointed (not that I'm a crackberry genius or anything) because they either have nothing beyond the preinstalled stuff or know little more than the basics like how to change their wallpaper, send an email or text message. Some have never even been to the blackberry.com website. I'm always amazed by that one!

Good thing there are sites like CB out there so I can learn about the latest and greatest apps...
    04-01-08 03:49 PM
    ~I typcially say nice Berry...~
    04-01-08 04:14 PM
    I'm in London too, I don't actually are that many young people with blackberrys normally. Old guys over 40 struggling to use them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 05:35 PM
    i was in marks and sparks for lunch recently and the guy in the Q ahead of my pulled out his BB.

I'd just got mine so said"i see another crackberry user"

he was happy to chat and admit that these things are addictive in that you are constantly available
    04-01-08 05:43 PM
    doesnt usually happen to me, but im not shy
    "hey what model ya got?" or
    "nice crackberry"
    as i pull mine out and start pressing buttons
    04-01-08 06:01 PM
    Since I'm with the younger group (24) I don't say much to people since most people I see with them are older business crowd. But I did pull it out in an interview and explained the BB maps app and showed the interviewer how and what it was. He had a pearl and I showed him on his lol.......... And I didn't even get the job
    04-01-08 07:17 PM
    i hold up my berry & say, "berry good choice!"

jk, but i'll try it one day.
    04-01-08 10:13 PM
    Stare on in envy. Until I get mine of course...
    04-01-08 10:18 PM
    I have to admit, I carry mine in my hand often - more to show it off then anything. And I have had several people coment on the custom skin I have on it. The other day one of my daughters saw another women with her Berry and walked over and said " Your Berry would look really cool with a skin on it." Was a very proud moment for me!
    04-01-08 11:39 PM
    Although I do look at what phones people have, I never start a convo in reference to it. They usually start one with me though.
    04-01-08 11:44 PM
    I always try to look to see what model they have.
    04-01-08 11:54 PM
    Since I'm with the younger group (24) I don't say much to people since most people I see with them are older business crowd. But I did pull it out in an interview and explained the BB maps app and showed the interviewer how and what it was. He had a pearl and I showed him on his lol.......... And I didn't even get the job
    That sucks...
    04-01-08 11:55 PM
    Friend of mine got a pearl before I got my curve. I really wasn't big on the whole bb thing when I saw it I was just like oh cool nice phone. I knew about the business stigma they carried with them so I felt that carring one of these puppies would put me in the right frame of mind, and it did. Its amazing I've never had this much of an emotional tie to my cell phone but I could blame that on motorola and lg for making such generic devices (and verizon for allowing no customization at all except for rediculiou fees).

I very rarely don't have my curve glued to my hand so its usually others inquiring about my berry.

04-02-08 12:41 AM
    If i see someone with their berry that i want to talk to i just wipe out my berry, and if its a real cutie i'll say " Excuse me, i've been trying to figure out how to add someone to my bb messenger, Can you show me?". Then i give them my "flirty eyes" lol. It works everytime, men are so easy

04-02-08 12:55 AM
    It's like one of those things you notice once you get one and all the sudden you are like "I just got a new blackberry" and someone will respond with "I got one".

I first made my blackberry upgrade announcement in Ventrilo to my Warcraft guild... Pin, Pin, Pin, Pin... LOL an easy way to add some contacts...
    04-02-08 02:01 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD