Is it possible to:

Tether laptop to BlackBerry and get Internet access via BlackBerry's wifi connection, rather than the carrier's data connection?

I know it's weird, but I do have a very good use for it.
    10-11-10 12:13 PM
    i was just thinking that same thing today. to take it a step further, if you tether using the wifi then you should definitely not be charged and should be able to use the net at a faster rate depending on connection.
    10-13-10 12:03 AM
    I know it's weird, but I do have a very good use for it.
    Care to elaborate? If you have a wifi connection then what use would tethering be? Seems kind of dumb to add another device that would just slow things down. The only reason I can think of is if you have an ancient computer without wifi. I'm not saying you're dumb, but just curious as to what this good use is...

But to answer your question, no, it's not possible.
    10-13-10 12:45 AM
    I have thought about this, and it appears it's not possible.

I understand DeepBlade, let's think your laptop WiFi card is acting up, but you have bluetooth, so that way you can tether that. Or let's say it's a paid AP, and it's cheaper if it's a mobile device (or free like if you're with AT&T on a AT&T Hotspot for example) that way you could use your cellphone to bring your laptop online.

But again, my tests appear to show it's not possible and it will use cellphoen data no matter what.
    10-13-10 01:13 PM
    use Liberty from www.bayalink.com it will use whatever connection your bb has 2g 3g or in your case wifi
    10-13-10 01:21 PM
    I think the point of using wifi to tether is so your company can't throttle your speed......like I think my company is doing to me today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 07:22 PM
    Ok, well, my "very good use" is :

Suppose you have a router, that supports Wifi protected setup (WPS), (push button on router, and 'push button' on client device, and you're connected!). Now, you have a BB that supports WPS (Bold 9000 does, for example) but a laptop that does not. Now, if there was a way to do what I'm asking, then you won't have to go through the troubles of cracking the Wifi password - all you need to do is press a button......
    10-15-10 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD