Within a few hours of getting my new Storm2 and the obligitary fiddling around session, I got a new message with a Yellow globe symbol as the icon. I was suprised. It said something like "message on its way" when I opened the message it contained a link. Which I definately didnt click on. I beleive that its called a WAP push message, but please correct me if I am wrong ! I promptly deleted the message without opening the link, when I realised that it wasnt an official setup message etc from vodafone or blackberry. I just wanted to know whether there is any potential harm to your device by reading these messages, as I am paranoid about viruses and malicious messages. SInce I only read the content of the mesage and didnt open the link.

Or are they just a harmless annoyance that you can switch off ?
    11-30-09 12:29 PM
    I wouldn't worry too much about viruses on a blackberry. Just make sure you're not downloading anything funny or visiting suspicious websites. You will be fine. If you receive emails you don't recognize, just delete them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 01:02 PM
    OK, thats a relief, so what you are saying is that if I havent visited the link then I should be ok
    11-30-09 01:31 PM
    it's extremely unlikely a bb can get a virus, so don't worry. usually with a yellow globe is a browser message, maybe you inadvertently saved a website or something?
    11-30-09 03:05 PM
    The yellow globe on my S2 is the sunny weather.
    11-30-09 03:27 PM
    OK, I will try to keep my paranoia in check link just looked odd, was a really long link. Thanks for putting my mind at rest though
    11-30-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD