I have a Bold 9700, ATT service, Wifi at home and OS 5. Browser is set to Internet Browser. I also have an app where I manually choose whether to connect with BIS or wifi and it works on both w/o problems. The problem is that the Internet Browser will not connect to the wifi. It trys and trys and trys and either times out or switches to BIS and then connects fine.

Any ideas? If not, can someone tell me how to delete and reinstall the Browser...maybe that will fix it.
    Thanks for any help.
    01-16-11 03:37 PM
    I have a Bold 9700, ATT service, Wifi at home and OS 5. Browser is set to Internet Browser. I also have an app where I manually choose whether to connect with BIS or wifi and it works on both w/o problems. The problem is that the Internet Browser will not connect to the wifi. It trys and trys and trys and either times out or switches to BIS and then connects fine.

Any ideas? If not, can someone tell me how to delete and reinstall the Browser...maybe that will fix it.
    Thanks for any help.
    It may not be a browser issue... What abbout other wireless devices? Any of them having problems connecting? It could be that the settings in the router don't match with the settings in ur bb... A simple solution would be to check if other wireless devices have the same issue... Ifthere are no other wireless devices to test...

You can try disabling all security on ur router.. Change the name of the ssid... And using ur bb try connecting to the open network.. Double check that there is no wireless mac filter enabled as well... If you still have difficulty connecting... Then try another wireless spot... Such as somewhere that gives out free wifi... The problem may not be ur bb... If you're able to connect elsewhere except at home.. Then its your router that's the issue

Hope that points u in your direction

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 03:50 PM
    reset the router and disable the N band if the router has one
    01-16-11 04:06 PM
    I should have added that I've this router with this phone for over a year, only started having this issue in the last week or so. The router is fine, I'm using in on my laptop right now and I've reset it several times with no change to the BB. The BB does connect to the wifi instantly with the app I have on the phone so I believe the connection is fine. I did do a minor upgrade (accidentally) to the OS about a week ago and wonder if that made the difference. I have v 5.0.0.979 for whatever that's worth.
    Thanks again for the help. BTW the routher is only G
    01-16-11 04:11 PM
    have you deleted the WiFi profile and re added it?
    also delete the app and see how normal wifi connection works
    01-16-11 04:13 PM
    just did both, same results, I think it's the browser itself.
    01-16-11 04:29 PM
    just did both, same results, I think it's the browser itself.
    Maybe try downgrading the OS to what you had on your blackberry before this started happening/happened.

01-17-11 12:44 AM
    I didn't know going back in OS was possible. How do I do that? Thanks
    01-17-11 09:04 AM
    I didn't know going back in OS was possible. How do I do that? Thanks
    Exactly the same way you upgraded.

01-17-11 09:07 AM
    I should have added that I've this router with this phone for over a year, only started having this issue in the last week or so. The router is fine, I'm using in on my laptop right now and I've reset it several times with no change to the BB. The BB does connect to the wifi instantly with the app I have on the phone so I believe the connection is fine. I did do a minor upgrade (accidentally) to the OS about a week ago and wonder if that made the difference. I have v 5.0.0.979 for whatever that's worth.
    Thanks again for the help. BTW the routher is only G
    Did you ever get this resolved? I think I'm having a similar issue. I've had same BB 9700 and router for awhile, and have been on .979 for awhile now without any problems. Then, within the last week or so, I've started having issues. My 9700 is still connecting to my home wifi (white wifi indicator), but I can't seem to access the internet over the wifi connection (browser keeps trying to connect to a site but can't, facebook keeps trying to refresh but can't, etc.). I then have to turn wifi completely off so that the BB will connect to the internet over ATT 3G.

I tried to delete and re-create my home wifi profile, made no difference. Tried rebooting the router, no difference. My laptop connects to the internet over the same wifi network at home with no problem. I was able to connect to the internet on my BB 9700 on another wifi network outside my home. Just can't figure out what's wrong, and why it started all of a sudden out of nowhere.
    01-20-11 07:50 AM
    Serious man, reset the router, sometimes it's just needed. Then delete the network from your saved WiFi networks on your device and setup again on phone. Form there I'd delete that app and see if perhaps it's creating some sort of conflict with the natural operation of your WiFi preferred setting on your 9700. You might be able to add it back and have it working just fine again, but deleting would help to determine if it is the root of the problem or not.
    01-20-11 12:21 PM
    Restarting the router and deleting and re-adding the wifi network have not helped. I ran the wifi diagnostics, didn't see anything in here that looked out of the ordinary:

Wi-Fi
    Current Profile: Home
    SSID: 09FX04139619
    AP MAC Address: 00:23:97:5A:89:67
    Security Type: WEP
    Association: Successful
    Authentication: Successful
    Local IP Address: 192.168.1.18
    Signal Level: -51 dBm
    Connection Data Rate: 48 Mbps
    Authentication Failure Reason:
    Network Type: 802.11b/g
    Network Channel: 11
    Pairwise Cipher: Not Applicable
    Group Cipher: Not Applicable
    Gateway Address: 192.168.1.1
    DHCP: Successful
    Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1
    Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
    DNS suffix: westell.com
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Server Domain Suffix:
    Certificate: Not Applicable
    Software Token: Not Applicable
    Hotspot Code:
    Hotspot Message: Not Applicable
    Hotspot Status: Not Applicable

VPN
    Current Profile:
    Concentrator Address:
    Authentication: N/A
    Secure Device IP:
    Resolving Concentrator: N/A
    Concentrator IP:
    Primary DNS:
    Secondary DNS:
    DNS Suffix:
    Secure Subnet Mask:
    Retry at:
    Session Lifetime:
    Re-login at:
    Failed Login Attempts: 0
    Software Token:

Enterprise
    UIDs:
    Address Used: //USSECAVEYBES05.na.ey.net:4101
    IP Used:
    Connecting: Error
    Authenticating router: N/A
    Authenticating server: N/A
    Last Contact At:

BlackBerry Infrastructure
    Address Used: //rcp2.us.blackberry.com:443
    IP Used: 216.9.242.58:443;54892
    Connecting: Successful
    Authenticating router: Successful
    Authenticating server: Successful
    Last Contact At: Jan 22, 2011 9:55 AM

Can anybody help?
    01-22-11 09:04 AM
    It shows that your device is fully connected to BIS. Have you tried calling your carrier to see if it's not correctly provisioned? (Your blackberry that is)

Restarting the router and deleting and re-adding the wifi network have not helped. I ran the wifi diagnostics, didn't see anything in here that looked out of the ordinary:

Wi-Fi
    Current Profile: Home
    SSID: 09FX04139619
    AP MAC Address: 00:23:97:5A:89:67
    Security Type: WEP
    Association: Successful
    Authentication: Successful
    Local IP Address: 192.168.1.18
    Signal Level: -51 dBm
    Connection Data Rate: 48 Mbps
    Authentication Failure Reason:
    Network Type: 802.11b/g
    Network Channel: 11
    Pairwise Cipher: Not Applicable
    Group Cipher: Not Applicable
    Gateway Address: 192.168.1.1
    DHCP: Successful
    Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1
    Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
    DNS suffix: westell.com
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Server Domain Suffix:
    Software Token: Not Applicable
    Hotspot Code:
    Hotspot Message: Not Applicable
    Hotspot Status: Not Applicable

VPN
    Current Profile:
    Concentrator Address:
    Authentication: N/A
    Secure Device IP:
    Resolving Concentrator: N/A
    Concentrator IP:
    Primary DNS:
    Secondary DNS:
    DNS Suffix:
    Secure Subnet Mask:
    Retry at:
    Session Lifetime:
    Re-login at:
    Failed Login Attempts: 0
    Software Token:

Enterprise
    UIDs:
    Address Used: //USSECAVEYBES05.na.ey.net:4101
    IP Used:
    Connecting: Error
    Authenticating router: N/A
    Authenticating server: N/A
    Last Contact At:

BlackBerry Infrastructure
    Address Used: //rcp2.us.blackberry.com:443
    IP Used: 216.9.242.58:443;54892
    Connecting: Successful
    Authenticating router: Successful
    Authenticating server: Successful
    Last Contact At: Jan 22, 2011 9:55 AM

Can anybody help?
    01-22-11 04:55 PM
    You must be having 2 separate Browser buttons. Set up one as "Hotspot Browser" instead of "Internet Browser", I had the same problem and this solved it.
    01-25-11 06:09 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I've continued trying different things, and occasionally, although not every time, if I do a battery pull, I can then connect to my home wifi again. Still not sure what is causing this, and why it was never a problem until recently, but I guess I'll just have to live with it for now. Thanks again.
    01-25-11 07:15 AM
    Just wondering if anyone has come up with a solution for this. I was experiencing exactly the same thing and was thinking the problem was with my Curve 8900 running OS5. I just upgraded to a Bold 9780 and it's doing the same thing.
    02-26-11 06:50 PM
    Hey everyone, I was having the same problem today & called AT&T about it after trying all the tricks that we normally do. They told me that RIM was having some problems after being on hold & some back & forths they finally got it fixed in about 5 minutes, they had me pull the battery & the CSR did something, I'm not sure what because she really didn't say. My advice would be to call AT&T, I know that can be a pain but it was worth it for me because I wasn't connecting to the BIS OR my Wifi but after talking to them I'm back in business. I even tried resending my service books but that didn't do it, the only thing that did was calling them & that got it fix. They had me turn off my Wifi connection on my phone while trouble shooting the problem & I did call them on my wife's phone so IF you're gonna call them make sure to use a different phone & not your Berry, it'll make things a lot easier.
    02-26-11 07:49 PM
    both home and office routers not allowing me to connect to internet. all settings seem fine. never had this problem in 12 months with torch 9850. when i disconnect, the phone's mobile network - ATT wont go to internet either. only app that uses internet (i think) that connects is weather channel. someone said disable MAC. is that a good idea? where is that?
    02-04-12 09:58 AM
    dam___ just taking the battery out and replacing fixed it. the simplest things sometimes.
    02-04-12 10:14 AM
    dam___ just taking the battery out and replacing fixed it. the simplest things sometimes.
    Yup. Darn simple. :P
    02-04-12 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD