Okay, here's a new one for me...

Over the last 24 hours, I've seen this icon on my screen when I'm on a call with someone else.

It's a rectangle, from the top right corner to the bottom left is a row of white squares (almost like steps). The top 1/2 of the rectangle is Blue and the bottom is Black.

Ever seen this before? What does it mean? I can't find anything about it anywhere.
    04-03-08 02:05 PM
    The network is listening to your conversation
    04-03-08 02:12 PM
    Maybe Verizon is dong something new. Like maybe tracking what you do on your phone!
    04-03-08 02:17 PM
    Big brother ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-08 02:20 PM
    Haha I have one of those too was just wondering what the heck it was

04-03-08 02:21 PM
    i go through verizon as well and i have always had that icon whenever i am on a call. i doubt its the network listening in, but it doesnt appear to be hurting anything.
    as for what it actually means, im googling the heck out of blackberry icons right now, but there doesnt appear to be an online "legend" anywhere. ill keep looking.
    or maybe try calling verizon and asking them...?
    04-03-08 02:25 PM
    Well, I guess I won't worry about it then! Unless someone shows me a reason to worry about it otherwise!

Thanks!

04-03-08 07:51 PM
    That's what happens just before they kick in the door and raid your pad!
    Jk

04-03-08 08:54 PM
    Ha ha!

I made 2 calls tonight and that icon didn't show up, but I made a call this afternoon and it did...maybe it's an "IN network" icon? Have no clue, but if I get billed for having this icon show up, I'll be ticked!
    04-03-08 11:09 PM
    Okay, here's a new one for me...

Over the last 24 hours, I've seen this icon on my screen when I'm on a call with someone else.

It's a rectangle, from the top right corner to the bottom left is a row of white squares (almost like steps). The top 1/2 of the rectangle is Blue and the bottom is Black.

Ever seen this before? What does it mean? I can't find anything about it anywhere.
    What you are seeing is enhanced call audio. Hit the menu button when in a call and select enhance call audio. that is what shows up. if you have it setup to keep same volume and settings on next call you will see it......
    04-03-08 11:13 PM
    John....thank you!

Question: If I haven't consciously set it up, then why does it automatically show up on some calls, but not others?
    04-04-08 02:17 AM
    Maybe the other end has it set up
    Don't know, just an assumption

04-04-08 03:33 AM
    The other end must be VZW then, because I'm on a BIS, not BES system.
    04-04-08 03:48 AM
    well i have it on mine to, but that means its enhancing call quality,
    like right now its on bass boost, for me its like that because i have the 4.5 OS. Never Got That With The 4.2 OS
    04-04-08 03:58 AM
    Well, I have 4.3 and I guess I have this feature. It's just interesting how it doesn't show up for every call. Oh well...problem solved!

Thanks all! *smile*

04-04-08 04:42 AM
    If it were Sprint, I would suggest that it was the signal strenth since 1/2 of it was a different color.
    04-04-08 04:14 PM
    Good guess! But, no...it shows up regardless of the signal strength.
    04-04-08 06:38 PM
    does it look like this?

*not my phone. Found on the web.....

04-04-08 07:01 PM
    John-- Yep! That's it! What is it??
    04-04-08 07:04 PM
    you can cycle through the enhance call audio options by hitting the "L" key during a call. You might just be hitting it by accident - that was happening to me for a while.

Oddly enough I just upgraded to OS 4.3.0.97 and I don't have this icon anymore.... The menu option is only there when I'm not in a call, but the icon never appears regardless
    04-21-08 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD