call me stupid... not all at once mind lol

how does uma/wifi callin work? heard its free, but how do u do it, hows it work.... reason im askin is it may influence what plan i get and the included mins
    10-24-09 06:49 AM
    I'm curious to know about this too. Anyone?
    10-25-09 12:06 AM
    t-mobile is currently the only service provider that offers UMA calling. With t-mobile if you pay the extra $10/month any and all calls you make while on UMA those minutes will not be deducted from your monthly allowance. You can still use UMA if you do not pay the $10/month but then those minutes will be deducted from your monthly minutes.

Even though it would alleviate some of the traffic from Verizon's network, I don't see them embracing UMA.
    10-25-09 12:17 AM
    anyone explain yet?
    10-25-09 12:33 AM
    Okay, I used to have T-mo with UMA, it was pretty nice. Since t-mobiles coverage at my house was pretty crappy, once my phone was associated with my wireless network and on my broadband, the phone would route all the calls over my broadband connection. Call quality was pretty good, a little spotty sometimes, but all those calls were free. Instead of seeing 3G or EDGE in the corner it would show up with UMA (Universal Mode Access). All it is, is VOIP calling from your cellphone using your wireless network and broadband connection.

As I said above, don't look for Verizon to offer this service... (Even though it would be nice)
    10-25-09 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD