I have a Storm2 with a T-Mo sim card.
    I don't have a data plan with my T-Mo, but do have where I am at WiFi capabilities.

The Storm sees my network for that matter its saying that its logged onto my network, but I can't seem to get my POP3 email, use the Browser or any internet features.

Should I not have internet access while on my or any WiFi network, regardless if I have a data plan or not?

The WIFI icon is grayed out if that is of any help.

Thanks
    01-03-10 11:14 AM
    Your phone isn't connecting to blackberry services through your router. There are a lot of thread on this so just search and you find some good info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 11:21 AM
    Your phone isn't connecting to blackberry services through your router. There are a lot of thread on this so just search and you find some good info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So I don't have wifi capabilities without a BB data plan?

I searched and there's just to much to go through for the time restraint on me today.

Thanks
    01-03-10 11:27 AM
    I have read out here somewhere, about another person not having service and being ABLE to use the wifi.

Only problem is I can't remember where
    01-03-10 11:51 AM
    If you don't have a BIS or BES plan you won't be able to receive emails with wifi. To get the white wifi symbol your phone has to connect to the rim servers and your pin has to be registered with BIS or BES to get a successful connection.

Think of it as having internet on your computer but not being able to log into gmail because you don't have a username and password.

with the grey wifi, i think you can only use the browser.
    01-03-10 12:03 PM
    I just want to download a update for a app or 2.

Here we go:

How to browse internet on Blackberry phone using Wi-Fi without data plan with AT & T | eHow.com

I know it!
    01-03-10 02:22 PM
    I have a BES and I can get my Storm 2 to connect to our home WiFi for about 20 minutes then it drops out. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to remove the connection and then recreate it. If I leave the house and go outside and lose the connection I cannot get it to connect again unless I delete the connection and then recreate it. I wish someone could help me diagnose it as at home I don't have the best reception for my phone and having the WiFi working would be nice.
    01-03-10 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD