Ok,

So I just got my Storm2 yday. Loving it.

Trying to transfer a song from my Dell m1330 to Storm2 via bluetooth.

I forgot my PIN, so I was trying different numbers on my laptop. Now I dont even have the option to type in the PIN on my laptop.

My laptop 'finds' my storm2, but doesnt ask for a PIN anymore. However, it asks for a PIN on my Storm2, which I type in (I think its teh right PIN).

All said and done, the devices find each other and recognize each other, connection is successful, but I can never get a file transfer to go through. its frustrating because the 2 are connected to each other....the weird part is, I'm able to transfer my contacts "business card" between the 2 devices, but not files....is there some settings I need to change?

Any ideas? Thx
    Last edited by Blitz2009; 10-25-09 at 08:28 AM.
    10-25-09 08:18 AM
    Umm...you really don't know how to find your PIN?
    10-25-09 08:34 AM
    Umm...you really don't know how to find your PIN?
    Well, Im pretty sure I figured out my PIN. My laptop doesnt ask me to type in PIN anymore, and the two devices are connected fine. Its just that when it comes to file transfer, it always fails, despite the 2 devices are connected.
    10-25-09 08:42 AM
    Did you try using the default pin of 4 zeros?

Edit: Just reread your post. Maybe your carrier disabled the file transfer. I know its disabled by some carriers.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ohembe; 10-25-09 at 08:49 AM.
    10-25-09 08:46 AM
    Go to Options > Status...your pin is in there

As far as file transfer goes, you probably didn't type the same code in on each device
    10-25-09 08:46 AM
    Go to Options > Status...your pin is in there

As far as file transfer goes, you probably didn't type the same code in on each device
    you're right, I think i messed that part up. But now Windows won't let me type in a PIN , even though its connected.

Anyway I can go back to settings before I bungled this up?

Although how come my 2 devices are connected if I entered 2 different PINs?
    10-25-09 08:48 AM
    You should be able to delete the devices from their respective bluetooth settings.

On the BB, go to Setup > Bluetooth Settings > Highlight your laptop > BB Button > Delete (Should be)

On the laptop, go to the Control Panel > Bluetooth > And you should see on option to delete the device from there.

Unfortunately, my laptop does not have bluetooth, so I can't be sure
    10-25-09 08:54 AM
    oops
    10char
    After deletion, reconnect them, use the code 0000 on both devices, and you should be good to go
    you're right, I think i messed that part up. But now Windows won't let me type in a PIN , even though its connected.

Anyway I can go back to settings before I bungled this up?

Although how come my 2 devices are connected if I entered 2 different PINs?
    Does the PIN that I have equal Bluetooth PIN?
    Does the PIN that I have equal Bluetooth PIN?
    No, your device pin is different...

Just use the standard 0000 when typing it in for both devices
    10-25-09 08:55 AM
    You should be able to delete the devices from their respective bluetooth settings.

On the BB, go to Setup > Bluetooth Settings > Highlight your laptop > BB Button > Delete (Should be)

On the laptop, go to the Control Panel > Bluetooth > And you should see on option to delete the device from there.

Unfortunately, my laptop does not have bluetooth, so I can't be sure

Hmm, thx.

But on my BB, I can only 'disconnect', not delete...
    10-25-09 08:56 AM
    ok, i've made some progress.

I removed BB from my control panel. And now its asked me for PIN again. I typed in 0000 for both.

Still no file transfer though...hmm
    10-25-09 09:00 AM
    In the BB, go to "Set Up Bluetooth"

Click your computer name in the list

A small menu should pop up saying "Delete Device" and Device Properties
    10-25-09 09:01 AM
    In the BB, go to "Set Up Bluetooth"

Click your computer name in the list

A small menu should pop up saying "Delete Device" and Device Properties
    There's no delete device.

Just

Help
    Disable Bluetooth
    Disconnect
    Add Device
    Device Properties
    Transfer Contacts
    Options
    Show Keyboard
    Switch application
    10-25-09 09:05 AM
    It seems the device isn't in there...lol

Ok, try to add device again, put the PC and BB into pairing mode and try to connect again.
    10-25-09 09:10 AM
    yeh, they get paired and are connected, just no file transfer.

ARGH! Such a simple task which is making this so frustrating.
    10-25-09 09:25 AM
    Windows keep giving me this stupid message:

"The file transfer failed because the receiving Bluetooth computer or device did not respond.

If you sent the file to another computer, that computer must be running the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard. If you sent the file to a Bluetooth device, make sure the OBEX File Push Profile is installed."

Even though I am Paired and the 2 are connected....
    10-25-09 09:30 AM
    I just took a couple pics on my camera. How can I send it to my laptop via bluetooth?

It only gives me the options of sending it via e-mail, google talk, facebook, BB Messenger and MMS....no bluetooth option?
    10-25-09 09:40 AM
    Hmm, man I'm stumped...

I'm sorry I can't help any more...
    10-25-09 09:45 AM
    Hmm, man I'm stumped...

I'm sorry I can't help any more...
    Oh no worries,

Thanks for your help though. Much appreciated.

hopefully moving it to the Bluetooth forum here will get me some help!
    Last edited by Blitz2009; 10-25-09 at 10:18 AM.
    10-25-09 10:10 AM
    Have you gone into media and clicked the BB button and selected receive using bluetooth then tried sending it from your computer? you didn't mentioned that you did that so if you did then apologies if not then hope it helps
    10-25-09 02:25 PM
    It could be the bluetooth on the dell does not have the required profiles. But it's just a guess.
    10-25-09 08:29 PM
    hey guys, I figured my problem.

I need to install Blackberry Bluetooth drivers on my laptop for my Storm2. I have Windows 7 (just got it couple days ago). Any idea wehre I can find Storm2 Bluetooth drivers?

Windows is unable to rectify problem on its own. Thanks!
    10-29-09 12:02 PM
    hey guys, I figured my problem.

I need to install Blackberry Bluetooth drivers on my laptop for my Storm2. I have Windows 7 (just got it couple days ago). Any idea wehre I can find Storm2 Bluetooth drivers?

Windows is unable to rectify problem on its own. Thanks!
    I had a similar problem. My phone locks up and reboots several times when I tried to connect to the BB Desktop Manager using Windows 7 64-bit (newly installed). It has happened each time I try to connect to the Desktop Manager. I already updated my drivers for my bluetooth on the laptop. Verizon looked into it on the BB site, and found that the Storm 2 bluetooth does not support 64-bit operating systems yet. So until they have a fix for that, I'll be updating my PIM data using a cable.

(I tried to provide a link to the bberry.com page talking about this, but couldn't since I have less than 10 posts... sorry)
    11-01-09 07:32 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD