Hi! I understand that there's no Wifi built in to Storm 9500.. I was wondering if there's at least a way to include that in the device? Thanks.
    11-05-10 01:51 AM
    Hi! I understand that there's no Wifi built in to Storm 9500.. I was wondering if there's at least a way to include that in the device? Thanks.
    Nope. If you want a Storm with WiFi you'll need to get the Storm2 9550/9520.
    11-05-10 02:54 AM
    I'm using a 9530 and had wanted wifi as well. After upgrading my os to a hybrid my browser is now faster than my iPod on wifi. So unless you are trying to save data usage wifi is pointless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-10 08:44 AM
    I'm using a 9530 and had wanted wifi as well. After upgrading my os to a hybrid my browser is now faster than my iPod on wifi. So unless you are trying to save data usage wifi is pointless.

wifi is never pointless. there are plenty of benefits of wifi over the 3G signal
    11-05-10 08:50 AM
    Ok. Maybe not pointless. I just cannot see a benefit to it. Not when my data connection is as good or better than a wifi connection would be. I'm sure I would use it but I would not be able to justify buying a wifi capable bb just for the wifi. Not when what I have is just as good. This is just my experience.

11-05-10 08:56 AM
    i also wondering any wifi hardware that can put it on storm......
    11-09-10 02:49 AM
    no there is not
    11-09-10 11:10 AM
    Ok. Maybe not pointless. I just cannot see a benefit to it. Not when my data connection is as good or better than a wifi connection would be. I'm sure I would use it but I would not be able to justify buying a wifi capable bb just for the wifi. Not when what I have is just as good. This is just my experience.

For anyone trying to keep their data consumption down, WiFi is the way to go. It's not all about the speeds. Personally, I find the difference between WiFi and 3g to negligible. Should come in handy though when/if I go with the new Verizon pricing, it's keeping my data usage at about 75MB per billing cycle.
    11-09-10 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD