Hey guys, I love my Storm but there is one issue I have that is driving me crazy.
    I cannot convert any video I have to full screen on my Storm.
    It mainly has massive borders with a film strip in the centre of it in landscape view.
    I have tried to convert in 16:9, 4:3, changed resoltions as nothing seems to convert to 360x480, tried fit to screen, auto options...nothing works.
    I have at least 4 or 5 software programs I have used and all with the same result.
    I have tried converting to mp4 mainly but did give wmv a go as well and it didnt make any difference.
    Even the media manager wont convert to full screen.
    I dont want to have to squint to watch my movies play on part of my screen when I have such a large screen to look at.
    So what can I do or use that will get my vids to full screen?
    Thanks for any help given
    03-06-09 06:58 PM
    Try dvdfab5...worked for me on my Storm. Have (2) two movies The Dark Knight, and Iron Man..and they take up the whole screen...hope this help
    03-06-09 07:40 PM
    03-06-09 07:57 PM
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I'am in the process of getting DVDfab 5 right now so will fire it up shortly.
    I guess I worded my question a little wrong as well, dvd rips do also go into letterbox mode automatically for some reason in the past but my main issue has been converting avi's and other formats into mp4's.
    Whenever I try and convert an avi it just has massive borders everytime.
    I havent tried to many other formats as the bulk of my movies I'am trying to convert and have are in avi format.
    This is where I'am really stuck.
    Thanks again for the Dvdfab info, appreciate it
    03-06-09 10:24 PM
    Mediacoder and Super are also free converters that are pretty versatile. You may want to try converting your avi files to 3gp.

Personally, I'd rather have the letterbox format with borders on the top and bottom rather than filling up the entire screen and losing the edges of the picture to cropping.
    03-07-09 01:36 AM
    Yes your right the borders do keep everything in the right aspect, no one likes to see everything stretched, but its an issue when the borders are as big as the picture your trying to watch.
    I have an iTouch as well and have never had a problem with it when it comes to video conversion.
    Anyway I tried the Dvdfab 5/Handbrake method and followed the guide in the link mentioned and still came up with the same issue, big borders with no full screen picture.
    I followed all the settings and it took forever but I'am still no better off.
    Sooooo...buggered if I know what to do.
    03-07-09 03:03 AM
    On the Curve's Media Player app if you press Menu you can select Fullscreen Mode when a video is loaded/playing.
    03-07-09 05:19 AM
    Unfortunately the Storm doesnt have that option, that would make it a lot easier.
    I'am ok with some borders just not two thirds of the screen full of them.
    I tried pan and scan which sort of worked, the picture was bigger but it froze that many times I had to delete it.
    I'am trying the iPhone video settings and hopefully that will work.
    03-07-09 09:19 PM
    Use media manager that came with the phone. When you put the video file into the library it will ask you if you want to convert so it will fill the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 09:45 PM
    Tried that mate, first thing i did, and it didnt work. Even with the advanced options that say you can do fullscreen it still didnt work.
    But what does work....ImToo Mpeg decoder with the pan and scan option selected.
    The picture will convert to 90% of the screen with no distortion so yes something that finally works.
    Thank you everyone for your help with this one
    03-08-09 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD