I'm currently running a pearl on sprint. With 3 or more dropped calls a day and a thirst for new a new device I've decided to jump ship. I'm planning on adding a line to my bosses family plan, so cost wise it should be close. Here are my questions.

1. can I leave my pearl on its plan, And forward the calls to the storm?

2. Can I setup my gmail on both bbs?

3. Can I forward my @sprint.blackberry.net email to the storm?

Basicly I don't want to mess with my existing setup too much in case the storm or Verizon don't work out for me.

Thanks in advance!
    12-19-08 04:00 PM
    1- Yes... go to the phone app. Hit menu and Options. Now click forwarding.

2- Yes you can. I actually have my email on 2 BBs and an iPhone.

3- Yes, you'd have to change that on the BIS site.
    12-19-08 04:16 PM
    1 - I think Sprint charges a per minute charge for call forwarding. I would look into porting your number to the new phone and getting sprint to give you another number for your current pearl.
    2 - I think you can, but why not just turn it off on the pearl if you are not using it?
    3 - Do you have an inbox online someplace for this account? If there is an actual inbox then you probably can.
    12-19-08 04:18 PM
    Thank you. Off to see about forwarding charges. I didn't want to port my # until I know if I'm going to stay with Verizon.
    12-19-08 04:40 PM
    Oh wow... that sucks. AT&T charges your plan minutes.
    12-19-08 05:13 PM
    Roeod you're right. .20 per min to forward. That won't work at all. Glad I asked before I did it. Guess ill look into porting and getting a new # for my pearl. Might be cheaper.
    12-19-08 07:01 PM
    I tried that for a min when I first went to vzw. Got too costly and sprint can't hold a candle in terms of coverage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD