has anyone had any issues with their storm and S9-HD blue tooth headset not perfoming well together? The music goes in and out almost as if you were out of range (even though the phone is right in my pocket). It seems to happen most often when I'm running outside....could cold weather be an issue here? I honestly don't know if it's a storm or motorola issue....any thoughts?
    01-27-09 12:14 PM
    I have the S9 and I love them.... I keep mine on my hip somewhat to tHe back aNd I barely get the disconnecting problem. Remember bluetooth is a radio frequency and must be un obstructed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 12:32 PM
    is it outside ur listen?

the wind cause the songs lil fast forwards and stuff or volume up n down

but inside i had no prob but who dont want them or both?
    01-27-09 01:27 PM
    There is something about the S9's and the GREAT OUTDOORS. Frankly, I don't know if other Bluetooth devices are as sensitive to positioning when OUTSIDE.

I just used my at the gym for over and hour and never had a problem. The BB is in a fanny pack at my front left hip (more or less that position).

But if I go outside, that same location becomes a problem and the sound breaks up. If I place the BB (8830, here) in a top flap of a small daypack I don't have any problem.

I don't know if the wide open spaces absorb or dissipate the signals whereas indoors the signals are fine or appropriately reflected back. Others report similar issues.
    01-27-09 07:21 PM
    There is something about the S9's and the GREAT OUTDOORS. Frankly, I don't know if other Bluetooth devices are as sensitive to positioning when OUTSIDE.

I just used my at the gym for over and hour and never had a problem. The BB is in a fanny pack at my front left hip (more or less that position).

But if I go outside, that same location becomes a problem and the sound breaks up. If I place the BB (8830, here) in a top flap of a small daypack I don't have any problem.

I don't know if the wide open spaces absorb or dissipate the signals whereas indoors the signals are fine or appropriately reflected back. Others report similar issues.
    You just explained my problem to a "T". I like to run outdoors so this really sucks for me. In the gym....perfect. I was hoping it was the super cold weather we have here in the northeast that was causing issues. If you say it happens no matter what the temp is outside...i just wasted $100
    01-28-09 08:38 AM
    Its the wind not the cold or just being outside. The sensative buttons are activated bye the wind. Vol up&down, FF&RW buttons, and call/end buttons are extremly sensative to wind. So ya they are a waist of money until they address this issue. This is a good headset for indoors but who wants them just for the indoors. I like to ride my bike, jog, or walk outside. I will post the pair that I use and have no problem with. When I get home and get the modle number. I have them for a year and got them off ebay for 20.00 compared to 129.00 for the S9 and S9 HD......

01-28-09 09:06 AM
    I have NOT tried an armband carrier for the BB. I guess you could come up with a small pack that hangs near the shoulder blades???

Good luck
    01-28-09 09:08 AM
    I have NOT tried an armband carrier for the BB. I guess you could come up with a small pack that hangs near the shoulder blades???

Good luck
    I'm waiting for this one to arrive...I'll let you know how it works.

DropshipWireless :: CASE - PREMIUM :: ARMBAND :: Cellet Blue Neoprene Armband For LG Vu CU920 & Other Similar Sized Phones - 102k -
    01-28-09 09:23 AM
    ^^ Any updates on this? I am having this same problem and it is bugging the crap out of me!
    02-09-09 07:31 PM
    Its the wind not the cold or just being outside. The sensative buttons are activated bye the wind. Vol up&down, FF&RW buttons, and call/end buttons are extremly sensative to wind. So ya they are a waist of money until they address this issue. This is a good headset for indoors but who wants them just for the indoors. I like to ride my bike, jog, or walk outside. I will post the pair that I use and have no problem with. When I get home and get the modle number. I have them for a year and got them off ebay for 20.00 compared to 129.00 for the S9 and S9 HD......

If the wind on the buttons is the problem, then maybe a sleeve around it like they use for microphones in windy weather would work. Foam? I have one on order so will experiment also.
    02-13-09 11:17 AM
    I have the S9-HD for my storm. Indoors it works fine, but outdoors it seems to lose connection for a second or two while walking around and the BB is just on my side holster on my belt.

Not sure what you guys mean by the buttons activated by the wind? They seem like pretty physical buttons to me, at least on the s9-hd. Haven't had a problem with them yet.
    03-02-09 01:27 PM
    I got the same thing while carrying in on my hip. I moved it to may shirt pocket, the signal never drops out.

Tried an experiment while mowing the lawn. Positioned the Curve and tested how far I could move away without loosing signal.

All of a sudden, I lost signal where I should have had a strong signal. Looked over at the Curve, it was in my dogs mouth. He wanted to play...
    03-02-09 02:05 PM
    This has to do with the Bluetooth signal and how it reaches the S9 headphones. Indoors, the Bluetooth radio signal can reflect off of the many walls and hard surfaces to reach the antenna in the headphones. Outside, there is nothing this low-power signal (30ft radius) can reflect off of, so you need a line-of-site between the BB and S9 to work correctly.

I have a Storm and S9-HD headphones. If I put my BB in my front pocket while outside, the signal is very erratic. If I move my BB to my back pocket, it's very solid. When I'm indoors, it really doesn't matter.

The user manual that came with the S9-HD headphones also explains this whereas the user manual that came with the original S9s did not.
    03-02-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD