Hey, I'm a bit of a Blackberry newb, so apologies from the outset. I've searched this forum and the internet for help, but I am stumped.

I just recently updated the OS on my boss's Storm to the 4.7.0.148 release from the .75 version, and he is no longer getting emails or syncing. We have Blackberry Professional Software installed on our server and wireless syncing had been working perfectly. BPS was a free download for one user, and my boss is the only user of our BPS.

I couldn't get the phone to retrieve the update over the air. I went into Options > Advanced Options and chose the Wireless Upgrade option, but it would seem to get stuck on the screen where I think it was requesting any available updates.

As a result, I downloaded the update to my boss's pc, connected the Storm via USB and let the update install that way. It seemed to work correctly. It backed up the data on his Storm and then applied the update and presumably restored his data as well. I saw somewhere on the phone that it was listing the updated OS version number, so that also seems to confirm that it updated.

Unfortunately, he hasn't received any emails to his Storm since the update was applied. I've checked the BPS on our server, and the User tab of Blackberry Manager shows my boss's name, his Storm's pin #, shows the Status as running and shows a Last Contact Time of a minute ago. However, I find in Blackberry Manager that the Blackberry Version is still listed as the old OS, 4.7.0.75. Also, while it shows Last Forward Time and Last Contact Time from a minute ago, it has a Last Sent Time from a couple of days ago with a time stamp about 30 minutes after I believe the update of the OS completed.

I'm really not sure of what to do to attack this problem short of coming here for help or paying a relatively hefty sum to Blackberry for support.

I appreciate immensely any help that anyone can offer.

Thanks,

Lance
    07-30-09 09:48 AM
    You may need to re-register the Blackberry, I'm pretty sure I saw that somewhere when I upgraded the OS on my Curve ages ago.

I don't know if this applies to just BIS or whether it's general after an OS upgrade but re-register the BB using options, advanced options, host routing table then register now and see if that solves the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 09:57 AM
    re send your service books options -> advanced options -> host routing table -> bb button -> register now. then restart the device

EDIT: if that doesnt work im sorry im not sure about BES, let us know and hopefully someone with that knowledge can help
    07-30-09 10:04 AM
    You may need to re-register the Blackberry, I'm pretty sure I saw that somewhere when I upgraded the OS on my Curve ages ago.

I don't know if this applies to just BIS or whether it's general after an OS upgrade but re-register the BB using options, advanced options, host routing table then register now and see if that solves the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Also Battery pull and resend your service books for BIS

Hope that will help solve your problem
    07-30-09 10:08 AM
    Im not too sure about BPS. But the device needs the service books resent. Unfortunately I dont know if this is something you do from BPS or not. If you are running BIS I would log in there and resend. Its just a thought but there has to be somewhere on BPS to receive from device or push IT policy to device....again this is just my perception. Im sure someone will come along with your answer.
    07-30-09 10:08 AM
    You need to reactivate the BES settings after an update.
    07-30-09 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD