I am trying to use the Storm VZNavigator and it tells me to turn my GPS on. I go through the options menu and do it, but I still get the message. Is there something that I need to do still?
    11-24-08 07:45 PM
    Have you turned Location on? It is by default 911 only.
    11-26-08 07:58 PM
    Its on 911 by default. Remember to save your settings when you change it and not just leave. I have done that before and it made me feel stupidz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 08:00 PM
    My gps is working. Using the blackberry map and its awesome. Using it right now in vegas. Opted not to bring my portable GPS.

Hopefully I'm not getting charge extra for using it. I deleted the vz nav.

11-26-08 08:10 PM
    You won't get charged extra. The gps on the storm is unlocked

Shocking for verizon I know.

You only will get charged if you use vznav and let's face it, vznav SUCKS

11-26-08 08:22 PM
    i gotta bump this cus im having the same problem as the original poster... GPS is set to Location On, and no program (Poynt, amAze, Nav4All, VZ Nav) can use the GPS. They all say it's not turned on... I know it is though... what else could it be?
    03-26-09 08:39 AM
    Do you have Location Aiding enabled as well?
    03-26-09 08:41 AM
    yes that is enabled and and the data source is Device GPS
    03-26-09 08:53 AM
    I am trying to use the Storm VZNavigator and it tells me to turn my GPS on. I go through the options menu and do it, but I still get the message. Is there something that I need to do still?
    OMG I have the SAME issue!!!! I was like wtf it's on!!! I thought it was just me. lol But people are saying it sucks? lol

Does the map app have voice directions?
    03-26-09 09:19 AM
    Um, VZ Nav is quite awesome. I really have no idea why you homos whine about it so much. There's no other turn-by-turn GPS program that is as reliable, except maybe Garmin mobile which I still haven't tried.
    03-26-09 09:25 AM
    umm first, why you gunna call people names? where is it getting you? second, im not whining i like VZNav i've seen it on other phones and it works great. although im not using it because amAze has a beta for the storm thats free now.

and this forum isn't about what apps were using it's about why we can't get the GPS turned on... so **** off
    03-26-09 09:30 AM
    Um, VZ Nav is quite awesome. I really have no idea why you homos whine about it so much. There's no other turn-by-turn GPS program that is as reliable, except maybe Garmin mobile which I still haven't tried.
    $120/year to rent a gps is why sure i can afford it...but to me that's not worth it. im just as happy to use google maps and not have a computer voice tell me where to go. to others it is useful, but it doesn't make us homos for disliking it.
    03-26-09 09:35 AM
    $120/year to rent a gps is why sure i can afford it...but to me that's not worth it. im just as happy to use google maps and not have a computer voice tell me where to go. to others it is useful, but it doesn't make us homos for disliking it.
    $120/year and you still don't own it! That's why people whine about it! If you need voice turn by turn, go Garmin. At least it's a one time fee! I've seen it as low as $79.
    03-26-09 09:41 AM
    OMG I have the SAME issue!!!! I was like wtf it's on!!! I thought it was just me. lol But people are saying it sucks? lol

just to check, are the three little lines to the side of the GPS bulls-eye on the display?

the map app does not have voice directions, to my knowledge only VZ NAV and i think also Garmin have Audible options.
    03-26-09 09:55 AM

and, idk how long you've had your storm so far, but maybe just try yanking the battery long enough for the power to drain all the way out, power it back up and try again.
    03-26-09 09:57 AM
    yes the 3 lines are there yet no program can work with the GPS also, i have done many many battery pulls and this hasn't worked since i got the phone 2 months ago. And hasn't worked for any OS i started with .75 and went to .109 then .114 and am now on .114 .109 hybrid
    03-26-09 10:03 AM
    i have done many battery pulls, and i do have 3 lines next to the icon but still nothing.
    03-26-09 10:07 AM
    perhaps software version?

did you research known bugs for your 4.7.0.109???
    03-26-09 10:32 AM
    yes and there is nothing... and it's been doing this since the day i bought the phone!
    03-26-09 10:43 AM
    um, return it. if its from day one, odds are you aren't fixin it and the only option is to swap it out before they won't let you
    03-26-09 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD