Does anyone have an answer for this? I am curious whether or not the GPS fix, which I think has to do with satellite location, have any effect with how Google Maps uses GPS on our Storms?
    02-04-09 11:18 AM
    if you had actually read through the telus gps fix thread, you could have kept from making another useless thread. it doesnt fix anything with google maps and verizon/telus GPS.
    02-04-09 11:39 AM
    maybe ill just delete the fix thread. If no one is gonna read anything...god everyone wants stuff spoon fed to them now adays.
    02-04-09 02:48 PM
    now now people, these forum are for people to ask questions, Granted this question could have been avoided with a little extra research. But that is no reason to be rude and refuse to help.
    If your unwilling to answer questions perhaps this forum isnt for you.
    The time it takes for you to complain, you could have just as easily answered the question.
    02-15-09 07:39 PM
    now now people, these forum are for people to ask questions, Granted this question could have been avoided with a little extra research. But that is no reason to be rude and refuse to help.
    If your unwilling to answer questions perhaps this forum isnt for you.
    The time it takes for you to complain, you could have just as easily answered the question.

Amen!

I visit forums of all types, from musician to direct broadcast satellite, and I've got to say - I�ve seen more evidence of complete intolerance by some of the most arrogant, snobbish, juvenile, and just plain thoughtless jerks on this forum than all the others combined. What�s with you guys? You must have gotten bad marks on "PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS"�
    02-15-09 09:53 PM
    Third that...
    I'm new to the world of BB myself and have tonnes of questions but don't ask them all b/c of seeing others flamed. If you know where the answer is, please just post the link to the thread and help a person out. It's no wonder that we had to be reminded of the forum rules.
    02-15-09 10:23 PM
    jesus

im just as new as everyone else and i still use the search feature.

and the answer is still no
    02-15-09 10:25 PM
    jesus

im just as new as everyone else and i still use the search feature.

and the answer is still no

Often times a search results in more hits than a lot of people have time to slog through, not always, but often.

In the other forums that I frequent, if someone asks a question that seems dumb or redundant, there will be someone else there that will be friendly enough to provide an answer, anyway.

Hope the last 15 seconds of your life were not wasted, but if you feel they were... sorry for your loss.

If others don't want to be that person... so be it - they just need not reply at all - but they surely have no need to be rude, or worse.

Forums are a place to seek information and help. Ideally they are inhabited by those that like to help others, not those that are there because they feel like they have to be in the middle of everything. When the latter happens, the board suffers.

Some of these folks could never work jobs where they had to deal with the public...
    02-15-09 11:21 PM
    Did anyone besides me notice that the very first person to respond to this thread, while giving the OP a hard time about not searching, ANSWERED HIS QUESTION?

if you had actually read through the telus gps fix thread, you could have kept from making another useless thread. it doesnt fix anything with google maps and verizon/telus GPS.
    02-16-09 12:04 AM
    Did anyone besides me notice that the very first person to respond to this thread, while giving the OP a hard time about not searching, ANSWERED HIS QUESTION?

Help... or don't help, it's your choice, and it will be obvious which road you took...
    02-16-09 12:12 AM
    Third that...
    I'm new to the world of BB myself and have tonnes of questions but don't ask them all b/c of seeing others flamed. If you know where the answer is, please just post the link to the thread and help a person out. It's no wonder that we had to be reminded of the forum rules.
    That is exactly why i discourage people from being rude, not everyone has great computer skills, some have none at all, they make an account, ask a simple question and get stepped on by some guy with an ego because he thinks its a stupid question or because the same question exists some place else.
    People must understand that not everyone is on the same skill levels as others, and MUST understand and respect that we the people are reaching out for help, just to have some ignorant person Voice his opinion, as well as throwing a few unneeded comments, rather then replacing his complaint with Answers. YOU the person replying may roll your eyes saying "geez this question again" but the person you potentially could be helping is thristing for information like we all were when we first started.

So before you decide to flame, throw nasty comments, or hold info because "I DONT FEEL LIKE ANSWERING" Look back to where you came from, and how you started. and for god sakes just answer the question, rather then complaining about the question, it takes the EXACT same amount of time, then the world dosnt have to deal with you adding yourself to the population of rude people.

Thats my Rant for the day lol.
    Last edited by xaroc; 02-16-09 at 05:08 PM.
    02-16-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD