my storm is now fubar!

so whenever i want to make a call, pushing the green send button no longer brings up the default phone app, instead it will always activate the camera making it quite frustrating actually, this also happens no matter what app you try to use...

i am now officially fed up...so i decide this issue needs to be resolved, however i purchased device jan 30 09...flash forward to today and i take my phone to the vzw store and clerk can clearly see the unit is fubar...she tells me she will def be able to help me get device replaced today, she then calls cs and they give me this spiel about have i ever done a wipe and other BS and i say yes, i have data backed up on my machine....i was sure to downgrade to .75 b4 taking it in...then cs tells me they have no replacement storms here or anywhere near my area and i could either have them send me a new one or i could keep trying at other stores until i came across one that had these "Replacement" Storms...

and finally, i have gone through all the usual steps to get rid of the problem, but it seems to be something hardware related that being said, something is terribly awry with my baby!

any help/suggestions are welcome!
    Last edited by cguymartin; 03-19-09 at 01:27 AM. Reason: errors
    03-17-09 09:54 PM
    That's weird.Your probably right.
    03-18-09 02:12 AM
    Buttons like to switch when you get yur phone wet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 06:10 AM
    Accept the offer to ship you a new phone it only takes about 2 days.

03-18-09 06:28 AM
    yea sometimes ill ship it over night
    03-18-09 06:36 AM
    yeah I've had phones get here 2 days later and I live in the middle of NOWHERE! lol
    03-18-09 08:50 AM
    Buttons like to switch when you get yur phone wet

Haha. Yeah. My GFs pearl did this when she got it wet. Any button you hit it would go to camera. Not sure that the storm would do the same thing though.

03-18-09 10:04 AM
    Accept the offer to ship you a new phone it only takes about 2 days.

thanks for the advice...ill be following it.
    be well bud.
    03-18-09 08:29 PM
    Hey my phone does that too..and also jumps from texting to an "operating camera screen'"....this is my third exchange with verizon..I'm getting this sinking feeling... i"ve made a bad purchase..they should have worked out all the gliches BEFORE they released The Storm!
    03-18-09 08:38 PM
    my storm is now fubar!

so whenever i want to make a call, pushing the green send button no longer brings up the default phone app, instead it will always activate the camera making it quite frustrating actually, this also happens no matter what app you try to use...
    might want to change your sig
    03-18-09 08:49 PM
    I dunno what kind of area you live in but can't you just go to another Verizon store? There's got to be at least a few I'd think!
    03-18-09 08:52 PM
    I dunno what kind of area you live in but can't you just go to another Verizon store? There's got to be at least a few I'd think!
    yeah, there are several around, but was told none of them had replacements in stock.
    Last edited by cguymartin; 03-19-09 at 01:33 AM. Reason: error
    03-19-09 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD