Hi - does anyone have the combination of a Blackberry Storm w/ Garmin Mobile and a car audio receiver that is capable of taking in a bluetooth stream? I have an Alpine receiver and I'm able to stream mp3 audio from my storm, but I'm curious whether the turn-by-turn directions get streamed via the same way? It works by me setting the source of the receiver to Bluetooth Audio, this way it stays persistently on that source.

I'm not sure if Garmin will let me test this out for free, but was hoping someone could provide some guidance as to whether this combination of products would allow such functionality. It certainly seems possible...

And just to re-iterate, I'm not referring to bluetooth phone calls where my receiver is smart enough to interrupt the music to allow me to hear and answer the phone. I'm specifically referring to bluetooth streaming where the source is manually toggled to a source that is listening for noise over bluetooth.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide!
    10-26-09 05:39 PM
    Also, two other points of clarification -

Not interested in paying a subscription fee to Verizon for this even if that system allows for what I'm trying to accomplish.

If there are any FREE alternatives that have spoken-word directions, and could accomplish what I'm trying to do, I'm all ears!
    10-26-09 05:41 PM
    I don't know but I suspect that if you download the test version, it will allow you to check out the functions.

I do know that when listening to music over my bt headphones (S9-Motorola), the Garmin interrupts - the only problem is that it does not then continue the music. Have to go to NowPlaying and start it up again.

Sorry - I have a Tour and it may react differently.
    10-26-09 07:38 PM
    Interesting, definitely seems worth a try. If anyone else has any feedback it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    10-26-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD