Is anyone aware of a good GPS/Mapping/Directions application that does not rely on a data plan for map information? Just to be clear, I don't want to get into a debate about Google Maps, etc...I am just looking for something that can work independant of a data plan and, ideally, have international map data available. There are programs like this for WinMo that just store the map data on your SD card.
    05-14-09 02:56 PM
    GPS Navigation on your cell phone: TeleNav

I'm not 100% sure it has international maps but its a lead for you to check out.
    05-14-09 03:29 PM
    [QUOTE=BB_SHAWN;2556659

I'm not 100% sure it has international maps but its a lead for you to check out.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty certain Telenav does not install map data on your device or memory card. It definitely requires a data plan to use it.

Any other suggestions that install completely on the device including map data and do not require a data plan for use? I'm not looking to download maps 'on the fly'.
    05-14-09 03:41 PM
    Google can be your best friend... I googled it FOR you... here are some options:

TrekBuddy

GMap

TopoExplorer (although these look more like topographical maps)

You must do the rest of your research on your own...
    05-14-09 03:53 PM
    Google can be your best friend... I googled it FOR you... here are some options:

TrekBuddy
    GMap
    TopoExplorer (although these look more like topographical maps)

You must do the rest of your research on your own...
    Thanks...TrekBuddy and GMaps looks promising. I didn't come acrossTrekBuddy it in my searches and I actually stopped reading about GMap when I found it when I got to the statement about id displaying map data from Yahoo, Windows Live, etc...should have read a little further down the page. My only concerns with these are compatibility with the storm.
    Last edited by nalpakj; 05-14-09 at 04:09 PM.
    05-14-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD