I've searched the forums and can't seem to find my exact issues. Feel free to direct me to another post, if it exists.

I recently upgraded from the Pearl 8103 to the Storm 9530, which is currently running the new upgrade 5.0. I'm having difficulties getting the 9530 to transfer files between devices. I can pair with devices but when it comes to actually sharing information from me to them or them to me, nothing happens other than a message saying that the file could not be transferred.

I currently have two other cell phones and my laptop paired in the 9530. The other devices are able to send files between themselves, but not to/from my 9530.

I'm certain there is a setting somewhere that isn't checked since they actually paired. But for the life of me I can't seem to figure it out.

Can someone help?
    10-31-09 11:46 PM
    Yeah I'd like the answer to this too. I posted the same question yesterday. Both phones will say they're linked but when I try to transfer it says connection failed. C'mon folks someone out there can help us. This can be done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 05:10 AM
    So, on the device you are sending from you are selecting the "Send via Bluetooth" option and the receiver you are selecting the "Receive via Bluetooth" option, right?

I may try on my blackberries, but not until later today. I guese I could take them to work with me. Nice playtoys for sure.
    11-01-09 06:51 AM
    So, on the device you are sending from you are selecting the "Send via Bluetooth" option and the receiver you are selecting the "Receive via Bluetooth" option, right?

I may try on my blackberries, but not until later today. I guese I could take them to work with me. Nice playtoys for sure.
    That's what i did with mine and I'm having the same issue as Lshay. I tried this with my 9530 and a BB 8110 also tried with my old Motorola V3MS with the same results. I think it is a setting issue but i could be wrong.
    11-01-09 07:01 AM

Yes, everything appears to be setup correctly. I've went back to my Pearl to check all the settings, comparing devices that I know are setup and work vs. what the 9530 settings/properties are set at, they are the same. I am getting a message on the Pearl that says "failed to connect" but the 9530 is still in the list of Paired Devices.

To me it still goes back to some setting that isn't set right. But I'm open to any other ideas. Thanks for the help and continuing to look for what works.
    11-01-09 12:14 PM
    I am having exactly the same issue, and came looking for advice too.
    Upgraded from Pearl to storm, and cannot connect with the bluetooth on my new storm. the pearl and an old LG will transfer files back and forth no problem, but my storm won't connect to either other phone. I've checked and double checked all of my settings, and also think there just has to be something I'm missing.
    my Storm is verizon, and the Pearl and LG are both Alltel phones, but I can't see how that would matter really.

also, any advice greatly appreciated.

p.s. my pearl attempts to connect (after pairing) with my storm, and my storm asks permission, and immediately as soon as permission is granted the pearl says it failed to connect. I have tried always trusting, prompting, checking and not the "do not show this message again" line, and once devices are paired I have tried removing the encryption as well, no change.

I had a Pearl for 2 years, then joined Crackberry after having a Storm for 6 hours
    Last edited by mercurybg; 11-01-09 at 09:32 PM. Reason: additional information
    11-01-09 09:29 PM
    I am having exactly the same issue, and came looking for advice too.
    Upgraded from Pearl to storm, and cannot connect with the bluetooth on my new storm. the pearl and an old LG will transfer files back and forth no problem, but my storm won't connect to either other phone. I've checked and double checked all of my settings, and also think there just has to be something I'm missing.
    my Storm is verizon, and the Pearl and LG are both Alltel phones, but I can't see how that would matter really.

also, any advice greatly appreciated.

p.s. my pearl attempts to connect (after pairing) with my storm, and my storm asks permission, and immediately as soon as permission is granted the pearl says it failed to connect. I have tried always trusting, prompting, checking and not the "do not show this message again" line, and once devices are paired I have tried removing the encryption as well, no change.

I had a Pearl for 2 years, then joined Crackberry after having a Storm for 6 hours
    This is a complete DITTO on all the attempts that you did as well. I even have different service providers I've tried from friends and family (ie Cricket, AllTel, laptop) and various models of each device. Nothing is different from any device/operator.
    11-01-09 09:38 PM
    I have a bit of an update on my situation, maybe others could try this too that are having trouble. I didn't manage to get the problem fixed YET, I'm just waiting for the time to do it.

Went to the Verizon store today and talked with the CS that set me up on the phone. She seemed pretty savvy at the time. Explained the issues so she tried to use her personal, Tour to connect via BT, no luck. Tried 'listening or searching', neither option worked. Called Verizon Corp to determine if there was something that we were missing or information on this situation that she did not have noted in her system, nothing. Tried several things the CS on the phone suggested 1) New 9530 out of the box, see if it would link BT to my 9530....YES, it connected! 2) Used another phone in the store, an LG flip...it DID link but did not give the option on either phone to enter the code, said "see if this 6 digit number matches on both phones". It did. They were linked together and able to share a file (pic).

From these tests, it appears that 9530 to 9530 connects and connects to older phones as well. Does not connect to Tour OS 4.7 or any of the other devices that I have tried to setup BT with (Sam Messenger, LG slider and laptop).

I do know that the BT is working, obviously because it did pair and transfer a file between some of these devices, just not all of them and it did pair with my headset.

Recommendations from the CS on phone and my local CS, backup my device, do a hard reset and reinstall the OS. When I get some time I will do this but until then, I have a great phone that doesn't do one important and useful feature.
    11-02-09 03:26 PM
    I am also having a similar issue but only when trying to transfer media files from phone to phone via blue tooth........
    11-02-09 06:21 PM
    Go to Media, Press Blackberry menu button...there you will see one option "Receive via bluetooth" everything will be right
    12-15-09 09:53 PM
    Thank you ) This last post worked for me. THANKS )
    01-04-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD