My new Storm 2 acts inconsistently when adjusting the stereo A2DP Bluetooth volume from Media Player.

Sometimes the onscreen volume indicator looks like an oval with a plus sign in the right half and a minus sign in the left half. When you adjust the volume the right or the left side lights up depending on whether you are increasing or decreasing the volume. The Storm seems to be sending volume change commands over Bluetooth, and not actually adjusting the volume on the BlackBerry itself. The Blackberry is sending a maximum volume signal to the receiver and letting it control the volume.

Other times, the onscreen volume indicator looks like the normal headset or handset volume control, a line that grows and shrinks as you increase and decrease the volume. The Storm is adjusting the actual Blackberry volume that it sends to the receiver and is not sending volume adjust commands.

I like the first behavior better. However I can't figure out why its inconsistent.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    01-22-10 11:45 PM
    Any one experiencing this?
    01-23-10 11:57 PM
    If you have Vlingo installed try uninstalling it. It is known to create volume control issues with the Storm2
    01-24-10 06:00 AM
    HI thanks, I did that already! This behavior is post-Vlingo!
    01-24-10 05:54 PM
    I made some progress on this. Turns out that which style of volume control I see in media player depends on which Bluetooth device I connect to first after boot. If I connect to the Motorola S9-HD headphones first, then to my car, I get the "oval with a plus sign in the right half and a minus sign in the left half" style of volume control in the car. If I connect to the car first, I get the "line that grows and shrinks as you increase and decrease the volume" style in the car.

I'm still investigating but I think that once I've connected to the S9-HDs I always get the oval style in the car, even if I had previously connected to the car first and got the line style of volume control.

Seems like a bug.
    01-29-10 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD