Has this feature been added? I imagine the hardware is capable so i hope they dont leave us all hung out to dry...
    11-03-09 12:49 PM
    Nope. the hardware is not capable...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 12:53 PM
    This has been gone over many many times... the hardware is not capable on the S1 for WiFi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 01:07 PM
    There is no Wifi radio in 9530. Has nothing to do with software.
    11-03-09 01:09 PM
    Bummer, My 3g is absolutely terrible...

Thx anyway.
    11-03-09 01:19 PM
    There is no Wifi radio in 9530. Has nothing to do with software.
    Ditto... We've all (at least I've) heard at least one of 2 stories on WIFI. 1. The Storm 1 Processor has "WIFI functions" but there is no WIFI radio hardware to support it. 2. The Storm 1 has WIFI functions in Hardware but they are disabled in hardware so no software can enable them. Pick your story...

Either way, no WIFI ever.
    11-03-09 01:20 PM
    Ditto... We've all (at least I've) heard at least one of 2 stories on WIFI. 1. The Storm 1 Processor has "WIFI functions" but there is no WIFI radio hardware to support it. 2. The Storm 1 has WIFI functions in Hardware but they are disabled in hardware so no software can enable them. Pick your story...

Either way, no WIFI ever.
    I don't know where you heard these "stories" but from the beginning the S1
    was not built with a WIFI radio. So there is no hardware or software for it.
    People just like to make stuff up.
    11-03-09 01:25 PM
    I don't know where you heard these "stories" but from the beginning the S1
    was not built with a WIFI radio. So there is no hardware or software for it.
    People just like to make stuff up.
    The "stories" came from the original pre-press releases on the storm and the Qualcomm MSM7600 (processor used in the Storm1) datasheets. Before there were official RIM specs released the news media used the Qualcomm specs as a function reference. So, yeah they were made up! The MSM7600 can do WIFI if it had associate radio hardware and were installed in a different phone other than the Storm1.

I agree with the you. There is no WIFI radio hardware on the Storm1. But I do find the WIFI on the Storm1 topic resurfacing because the Storm2 has WIFI to be just a little entertaining. We are going to see more posts on this!
    11-03-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD