I have an offer from Verizon Wireless, which I would like some input on. In late July I bought a Storm and had to send it back. I received the so-called refurbished phone, which I have to also send back.

Not being happy with being offered another re-furbished phone I complained to VZ and they actually listened! The options were presented to me:

1. Receive a brand new Storm 9530

2. Make a straight across trade for a Tour

3. Take a Refurbished 9530 and when (and if) the new Storm comes out trade up to the new Storm and pay the difference in the costs. (note: I paid $100 after the rebate and a new 2 year contract)

I like the Storm...I like the touch screen...I don't need WiFi. So what are your thoughts?

Thanks!
    09-29-09 06:24 PM
    if you like everything the storm 1 has and you dont think you are going to use the features the storm 2 has over the storm 1.... go with the storm 1.
    09-29-09 06:28 PM
    If you want a touch screen, and it sounds like you do, take the refurb Storm. Then, when the S2 comes out, give it a shot and see if you like it. If not, you've got the phone you want.
    09-29-09 06:42 PM
    Usually refurbs are good. Normally only a few production units get fully tested, but with refurbs (at least in theory), all units get fully inspected, repaired and tested.
    09-29-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD