I went in to a Rogers store to buy two Blackberry Q5s for my kids. Their 8810s have had it. Charge ports are loose and the phones are too slow. Rogers sells the Blackberry Q5 off contract for $299. A screaming deal. I go into the store and the rep tells me they don't stock Blackberries. I have to special order them. I ask about the Q10 because the wife loves Blackberries. They don't carry that either.

I go to a Roger Plus store and they don't have Blackberries either. The don't even have them on display. WTF????

So do I have to order direct from Blackberry now? I notice the Q5s cost more at Blackberry but theQ10s are cheaper:

BlackBerry Canada Online Store - Products

Pretty disappointing that retailers are giving up on Blackberry when the patient is still alive.
    LLAmos likes this.
    09-26-14 07:19 PM
    I was in a Rogers store this afternoon and they had BlackBerry phones. Now I went in to buy a nano sim card for my new Passport and the two employees got very excited to look at and play with my new phone. In fact the one rep's eyes almost bugged out when he saw it and said (with awe) "You've got a Passport? "

Now granted this was in a town in SW Ontario. I can't speak for stores in the bigger cities.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:35 PM
    So what's the problem? Just order it and pick it up. These phones are over 1 year old. Why would all stores have stock?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:38 PM
    I went into a Rogers plus store this afternoon and there was no BlackBerry in sight, none on display. I remember saying to the staff that they(Rogers) show no love to their fellow Canadian company .

Z10? Yes it can!
    09-26-14 07:42 PM
    You may want to check Kijiji for some used Q5. They seem to sell in the $135-160 price range. One of the carriers had them on sale for $165 for pay as you go a few months ago, maybe Koodo. I think this depressed the used price to what you see on kijiji now.

As for ordering from Rogers, not sure if you can do that over the phone without extending your contract. You could try calling and select the cancel my account option, which will put you through to retentions. They may be able to sell outright and sometimes have access to refurb phones at a cheaper price for the people that need a new phone before their contract is over.

Posted via CB10
    E92Vancouver likes this.
    09-26-14 07:44 PM
    maybe work on your reading. The q5s in the link you provided are clearly cheaper than the q10s
    09-26-14 07:45 PM
    Cheaper to buy one on Koodo and unlock it. Even at the new $200 price point.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:17 PM
    I'm hoping we'll see more retailers start to carry the Passport once the Telus exclusivity period is over. Will be interesting to see...

I am not sure we will see retailers carry older models to any great degree though, although you may see the other models come down on ShopBlackBerry in the shorter term.

Maybe try a few other Rogers locations and see if there is any residual stock?

white Z30 STA100-5
    09-26-14 08:19 PM
    Buy it outright unlocked. Best thing ever!

Posted via CB10
    E92Vancouver likes this.
    09-26-14 10:17 PM
    maybe work on your reading. The q5s in the link you provided are clearly cheaper than the q10s
    My comment was in reference to off contract Q10s being cheaper from Blackberry than from Rogers. And the Blackberry sold Q10 is unlocked.
    09-26-14 11:38 PM
    So what's the problem? Just order it and pick it up. These phones are over 1 year old. Why would all stores have stock?

Posted via CB10
    Why should they be in stock? Because they are advertised on their website:

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...al&N=52+11+278
    09-26-14 11:40 PM
    Bell has Z30s for 0 dollars on a two year plans.

From my ? phone
    09-26-14 11:47 PM
    I went in to a Rogers store to buy two Blackberry Q5s for my kids. Their 8810s have had it. Charge ports are loose and the phones are too slow. Rogers sells the Blackberry Q5 off contract for $299. A screaming deal. I go into the store and the rep tells me they don't stock Blackberries. I have to special order them. I ask about the Q10 because the wife loves Blackberries. They don't carry that either.

I go to a Roger Plus store and they don't have Blackberries either. The don't even have them on display. WTF????

So do I have to order direct from Blackberry now? I notice the Q5s cost more at Blackberry but theQ10s are cheaper:

Pretty disappointing that retailers are giving up on Blackberry when the patient is still alive.
    OP I'm really hoping that the trend will change, but it is probably going to take a while. I would just order online if I were you.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    09-27-14 02:44 AM

Hey are you in Vancouver?

First of all, don't go the the third party Rogers resellers. They often set up their own rules and they can be very stubborn if you ever have to return the product for a warranty issue or a change of mind.

Secondly, I bought my Q10 at the Rogers store on Arbutus and Grandville. They should have some Q10s there.

Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with buying the Q10 online.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    09-27-14 02:50 AM
    180 in Telus now, you may check it out

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 05:58 AM
    I'm a sales rep at a multi carrier, and we carrier rogers. And we sell BlackBerry for rogers. I've seen q10's and 5's for rogers where I am.

Personally, I would get them off shop BlackBerry. At least get the cheaper q10 for your wife. Maybe consider getting the z10 for the kids as well since they are 299 on shop BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:13 AM
    Don't forget the coupon code for $100 off.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:42 PM
    My my market always has plenty of blackberries. You should try a different store.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:54 PM
    There is always q10 q5 and z10. Futureshop has a z30. So there are still places to get them

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:57 PM