We all have heard it & read it too much. Store reps IN THE DARK - don't know a fraction of a newbie on this site. So instead of steaming or complaining, today I started just saying...
    "your company isn't keeping you informed on what is coming with Blackberry's. I read Crackberry on the web - salespeople who do that are usually very successful. I suggest you read Crackberry at least weekly to be in the know as a pro. You can also get to other phone info there as well.

Take the pledge with me to do this.

(changed "much more" ..to .. very)
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 09-15-11 at 11:37 PM. Reason: replace words
    09-15-11 08:51 AM
    Very good way of informing people. I even told telus store reps to check it out. I might do the same with sales agents in the mall if I happen to be on my way to a store there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 02:07 PM
    Hmmm... So basically telling the salespeople that they suck at their job, I'm sure that'll go over really well!

09-15-11 02:37 PM
    Hmmm... So basically telling the salespeople that they suck at their job, I'm sure that'll go over really well!

So?....
    Any professional worth his salt would strive to be knowledgeable in his field, and appreciate the direction to achieve such knowledge.
    The problem is that they are NOT professionals, and don't really care....
    As long as they sell "something"....
    09-15-11 07:45 PM
    Not all of them are like that. You may pledge that, but many won't and quite honestly would be highly offended by some random stranger telling them. **** quite a few people that are members on this forum work in this industry......wow!

09-15-11 09:08 PM
    Not all of them are like that.

Why would I say that to someone who is knowledgeable and stays current?!?!

Those that are active members here would probably not need to be told that, correct?
    I also think all of the professional salespersons would agree as well, if they are professionals.

If a sales agent can't answer simple questions, they need to educate themselves. Period.
    When I go into a McDonald's and ask "what's on that burger?", they should know the answer.
    09-15-11 09:26 PM
    I was in Costco and got to play with a 9900 and 9860, the rep was positive but kept telling me the phone could do flash I went to a couple flash sites to prove him wrong. He told then told me it could do flash lite. Maybe he meant I could use the phone as a flash light

I think I'll tell them "I read Crackberry on the web - I suggest reading Crackberry at least weekly to be in the know as a pro. You can also get information regarding other phones there as well."
    09-15-11 09:43 PM
    WoW. TBH, now after reading that, I have to admit it does sound terribly dry, and robotically scripted... LoL.
    But the gist is the gist.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-15-11 at 10:00 PM.
    09-15-11 09:58 PM
    I've read some good points. Some of you get that this is better for me than reading the scathing posts about salespeople on this site. No put down intended - so I blamed it on their company & not them. Obviously only meant for the uninformed (e.g. yesterday I was told in a store "No, you're mistaken, there is no new Torch coming, it is a year old and only over at AT&T).

Those that want to seek knowledge will, and those that don't will not. I can't control their actions, just shine a little light.
    09-15-11 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD