This should be so simple...but it just doesn't work. I do NOT use BIS email (I use the Google Mobile Gmail App...at least until RIM gets the Gmail Enhanced Plugin working correctly), but there are occasional times when I need to email something directly from an app on my BB. In this case I need at least my [email protected] account setup. But I DO NOT...huge caveat here...DO NOT want "ANY" email being sent back to the BlackBerry on this account.

No problem...set this up on BIS, made sure to configure the account to "Forward all email to (my Gmail Account)" and while it does this...it "ALSO" sends a copy of anything sent to [email protected] to that mailbox on my BlackBerry. What is the purpose of having the configuration option to forward all that account's BIS email somewhere else if it's also going to send a copy of it to the BB?

Any ideas on how to stop this? All I want to do here is be able to use the BB email once in a blue moon and keep its mailbox hidden on the BB and not have to unhide it when the "new mail" icons appear on the top of the display. Thanks!
    11-25-09 09:45 AM
    u need to make sure that the do NOT forward this account is checked. i have one of my emails like this so i can just just the act to SEND email since i have my inbox forwarded to my vzw bb act.

on the mail page of the BIS site click the "Filter" for that email. then select "Do not forward messages to device"
    Last edited by chelseytx; 11-25-09 at 02:32 PM.
    11-25-09 02:27 PM
    u need to make sure that the do NOT forward this account is checked. i have one of my emails like this so i can just just the act to SEND email since i have my inbox forwarded to my vzw bb act.

on the mail page of the BIS site click the "Filter" for that email. then select "Do not forward messages to device"
    You might be misunderstanding me :-) I do NOT want ANYTHING to reach my BB's BIS mailbox. I just want the BIS account active for the few times an app needs to SEND email (since the Google Mobile Mail app doesn't integrate with the BB.

So, on the BIS account I have it set for any inbound mail destined to the BB to instead forwarded to my normal mail account (not the BIS account). Setup up like that, according the the BIS instructions, it should not send the mail to my BB...but it does. I also get these emails on my personal Gmail, where I want them, but what I can't seem to stop is the sending of them to the BB itself.

EDIT: ***WAIT*** I just "understood" what you were saying...will go try that!
    11-25-09 03:49 PM
    okay, maybe i am lost here... the only way to not have email forwarded to your device it to check do not forward to device.

if u have it set up to forward, which i am reading you DO have it set to, its going to forward. whether u have the email forwarded to another act or not.
    11-25-09 03:52 PM
    You might be misunderstanding me :-) I do NOT want ANYTHING to reach my BB's BIS mailbox. I just want the BIS account active for the few times an app needs to SEND email (since the Google Mobile Mail app doesn't integrate with the BB.

So, on the BIS account I have it set for any inbound mail destined to the BB to instead forwarded to my normal mail account (not the BIS account). Setup up like that, according the the BIS instructions, it should not send the mail to my BB...but it does. I also get these emails on my personal Gmail, where I want them, but what I can't seem to stop is the sending of them to the BB itself.

Cant be done. if you use BB for anything, it goes thru your acct
    11-25-09 03:52 PM
    say what??? explain what u mean please...
    11-25-09 03:54 PM

lemme know what happens!!!
    11-25-09 03:55 PM
    btw,

i think 5.0 runs the plug in, at least when i activate the email i get the option to DL the plug in.
    11-25-09 03:56 PM
    That's what I was hoping I "wouldn't" see :-( Oh, well...that really sucks. Many BB apps need the outbound BB mail for sending, but I HATE using the Gmail IMAP via BIS because as we all know...even with the Enhanced Gmail Plugin it's not two-way sync and won't be until probably March 2010 when they update BIS to 3.0...and if we're lucky they'll do it on time :-)
    11-25-09 03:57 PM
    That's what I was hoping I "wouldn't" see :-( Oh, well...that really sucks. Many BB apps need the outbound BB mail for sending, but I HATE using the Gmail IMAP via BIS because as we all know...even with the Enhanced Gmail Plugin it's not two-way sync and won't be until probably March 2010 when they update BIS to 3.0...and if we're lucky they'll do it on time :-)
    okay, i dont know what he is saying, but i have my email set up thru BIS to not forward emails .... i have my hotmail act set up in the BIS. it allows me to be able to send via the bb, but all my emails do NOT come to the blackberry, because i have the filter set to NOT forward to the device..
    Last edited by chelseytx; 11-25-09 at 04:02 PM.
    11-25-09 03:59 PM
    btw,

i think 5.0 runs the plug in, at least when i activate the email i get the option to DL the plug in.
    The plugin runs on even my old Curve...but the plugin is horribly flawed. If I delete a message on my web-based Gmail it might delete on my BB the next day if I'm lucky (known issue). There are also many other things that are not two-way sync about it...but these should be fixed...or better, with BIS 3.0 in March.

If anyone is a true Gmail user and appreciates all the threading, labels, archiving, etc. of Gmail, they simply can't tolerate Gmail via BIS and IMAP, with or without the Enhanced Gmail Plugin. There are countless threads about it right here on the forums...it just doesn't work.
    11-25-09 04:03 PM
    okay, i dont know what he is saying, but i have my email set up thru BIS to not forward emails .... i have my hotmail act set up in the BIS. it allows me to be able to send via the bb, but all my emails do NOT come to the blackberry, because i have the filter set to NOT forward to the device..
    No...what I want is my actual BIS [email protected] email to NOT come to the device. And I think the other guy is correct...it can't be done.
    11-25-09 04:04 PM
    The plugin runs on even my old Curve...but the plugin is horribly flawed. If I delete a message on my web-based Gmail it might delete on my BB the next day if I'm lucky (known issue). There are also many other things that are not two-way sync about it...but these should be fixed...or better, with BIS 3.0 in March.

If anyone is a true Gmail user and appreciates all the threading, labels, archiving, etc. of Gmail, they simply can't tolerate Gmail via BIS and IMAP, with or without the Enhanced Gmail Plugin. There are countless threads about it right here on the forums...it just doesn't work.
    ooo okay, yeah, i dont use the gmail at all.. just have it for my Google latitude lmao
    11-25-09 04:04 PM
    No...what I want is my actual BIS [email protected] email to NOT come to the device. And I think the other guy is correct...it can't be done.
    yes it can, unless the do not forward is just there for show, and doesnt do anything, my bb is booting up but i will check in a few.... go into the bis site, click the filter for your vzw bb email, then at the bottom of the filters check do not forward to the device.
    11-25-09 04:06 PM
    it works... sent the email to 2 different emails. the one i have forwarded to the vzw bb and the vzw bb itself.. neither are on my blackberry, ill leave it until i get a few emails from the forum, but its working for me. i also sent it to my work email, but that will take a few to get to my bb.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 11-25-09 at 04:21 PM.
    11-25-09 04:16 PM
    works like a charm.
    11-25-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD