I heard blackberry is for cispa although I'm Canadian this is a major invasion of privacy and it's unacceptable we should stand up for our rights and tell them how we feel before it's too late. Next thing you know Harper will pass a new law like cispa its time to rise up crackberry nation.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:34 AM
    The OP is right...
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/cis...nag-your-data/
    Search for RIM, not BBRY.
    Google, Apple and MS are part of it too, as are Verizon and ATT

Since I do not have enough informations right now, I'll just want to give other people a source what CISPA is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_I...Protection_Act

The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) is a proposed law in the United States which would allow for the sharing of Internet traffic information between the U.S. government and technology and manufacturing companies. The stated aim of the bill is to help the U.S government investigate cyber threats and ensure the security of networks against cyberattacks.[1]
    The legislation was introduced on November 30, 2011 by U.S. Representative Michael Rogers (R-MI) and 111 co-sponsors.[2][3] It was passed in the House of Representatives on April 26, 2012, but was not passed by the U.S. Senate.[4] President Obama's advisers have argued that the bill lacks confidentiality and civil liberties safeguards and they advised him to veto it.[5] In February 2013 the House reintroduced the bill [6] and passed it on April 18, 2013.[7]
    CISPA has been criticized by advocates of Internet privacy and civil liberties, such as the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the American Civil Liberties Union, Fight for the Future, and Avaaz.org, as well as various conservative and libertarian groups including the Competitive Enterprise Institute, TechFreedom, FreedomWorks, Americans for Limited Government, Liberty Coalition, and the American Conservative Union. Those groups argue CISPA contains too few limits on how and when the government may monitor a private individual?s Internet browsing information. Additionally, they fear that such new powers could be used to spy on the general public rather than to pursue malicious hackers.[8][9] CISPA had garnered favor from corporations and lobbying groups such as Microsoft, Facebook, AT&T, IBM, Apple and the United States Chamber of Commerce, which look on it as a simple and effective means of sharing important cyber threat information with the government.[10]
    Some critics saw CISPA as a second attempt at strengthening digital piracy laws after the Stop Online Piracy Act met huge opposition.[11] Intellectual property theft was initially listed in the bill as a possible cause for sharing Web traffic information with the government, though it was removed in subsequent drafts.[12]

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 04-22-13 at 05:22 AM.
    David in Durham likes this.
    04-22-13 05:07 AM
    Bumped as BlackBerry has just lost a huge amount of respect from me for supporting this poorly thought out and dangerous piece of legislation that the people clearly do not want.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:20 AM
    I guess we're only 3 that really care. What does Kevin have to say and will he contact BlackBerry. Our privacy is at stake no one seems to care.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:49 AM
    Although I am not in America, i am fully against this.

Any idea if there is a petition knocking about?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:55 AM
    Unfortunately people would rather argue about petty things. But they will be the first to complain when their privacy gets violated.
    What version of cispa are we on now? 3 or 4.

Posted via CB10
    angieberry10 likes this.
    04-22-13 10:57 AM
    Bumped as BlackBerry has just lost a huge amount of respect from me for supporting this poorly thought out and dangerous piece of legislation that the people clearly do not want.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly I agree.
    04-22-13 11:19 AM
    Repeat of History.... a form of this legeslation was vetoed last go around... Obama has already said that he would veto it without a lot more safeguards.... Lack of understanding on many how the governement actually works.... You create all the bills in congress they want but there has to be enough support to overide a veto .. 2/3 majority in the house to over ride the veto..... or the legeslation could be struck down and ties up in the courts....

This is a great example of knee jerk legislation put forth by politions that have little or no understanding of the technology.... As I live in Canada and our privacy laws are much more tighter than in the US... I am not too concerned... Even if it passed I would not care as most do not realize how much personal information is out there alreay...it is called data mining ... it is purvasive... and corporations and governents all do it....

It is amusing to me that most people who use Gmail do not understand that everyting they type in a private email... Google scans what you to to mine infomation for its ad services.... obviously the technology is built in where they could simply read.. log.. and save any email they wanted to....There was a case where an Android developer recieved a complete list of user names... email addresses and how much they spent as a "service" service to the developer....

Remember... Big Brother is already here... legislation like this just make him more powerful....

Finally, for me... I do not care what personal info outsiide of personal records ( medical. bank and credit ) is out there as I work on the assumption someone already has it.....
    04-22-13 06:24 PM
    It's not just knee jerk. They are getting more determined to slip it in with out people noticing. They've had time to think about it and the scary thing is they won't change it.
    It is a premeditated attack on privacy using piracy as an excuse

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:29 PM
    It sucks that BB supports this, but I will still continue to thoroughly enjoy my Z10, Verizons network, my MacBook Pro, my Windows machine and all of my Google services (including Android).
    04-22-13 07:48 PM
    It sucks that BB supports this, but I will still continue to thoroughly enjoy my Z10, Verizons network, my MacBook Pro, my Windows machine and all of my Google services (including Android).
    I will enjoy my devices, but if cispa passes I will no longer view BlackBerry as a secure device

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 02:14 AM
    CISPA is dead...for now. It'll surely rear its ugly head in some other way, though.

CISPA DOA in the Senate, For Now - Hit & Run : Reason.com
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-29-13 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD